Silversea in London 2018

les37b

For anyone interested, I've attached a file containing all the info for Silversea visits to London for Silver Cloud, Silver Wind and Silver Spirit - including lift times for Tower Bridge for the Wind and Cloud visits.

I have my first lunch booked and confirmed already for the Cloud Explorer on the 8th May and awaiting confirmation of the Spirit in Greenwich on Sat 2 June and Wind on its final visit on 18 September.

Anyone sailing out on any of these voyages from Tower Bridge, if you're here in good time, its always nice to see your ship arrive through Tower Bridge and highly recommended.

I'd also recommend booking a trip up the sky Garden, which is a tall building next to the Thames - not as tall as the Shard, but with a much better view of Silver Cloud and Silver Wind docked alongside HMS Belfast after its arrived.

Anyone on the Spirit sailing from Greenwich or 2nd Cloud Expedition visit have a passing treat on its departure whilst the Spirit is docked in Greenwich at approx17.30 on 2 June

Hopefully I'm still on board in Greenwich to see it..................

silversea in London 2018.pdf

Les, we will be on Silver Wind for that last arrival in the evening of 17 September. I doubt that we will stay on board as late as lunch time on the 18th, though, as they will want to kick us off before then. Our plans for London are not yet made...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Les, we will be on Silver Wind for that last arrival in the evening of 17 September. I doubt that we will stay on board as late as lunch time on the 18th, though, as they will want to kick us off before then. Our plans for London are not yet made...

Yes they’ll have you off by 9.30 no doubt, though maybe a bit later because of the tenders.

You’re first arrival isn’t it? I’ve only done outwards too and I can’t help thinking arriving must be more special apart from the obvious dilemma it’s the end of the cruise which is a bit of a bummer!

Will need to work out the best flight place for the drone. My last attempt was Wes’ departure which was delayed last year. It was fine near Dartford the day before on the inward voyage but was geo fenced as no fly on the next day. I’ve seen footage of flights since, so hopefully it’s fine to do so again. Watch this space! I’ve actually not flown it since then but may have it out of mothballs next month for the Cloud.

Les, we will be aboard the Cloud for the May 8 arrival, May 10 departure, and the June 1 arrival, so three trips under Tower Bridge. We did it once before a few years ago on the Cloud. Really looking forward to it again! Looking forward to seeing your drone. Keep us posted.

Les, we will be aboard the Cloud for the May 8 arrival, May 10 departure, and the June 1 arrival, so three trips under Tower Bridge. We did it once before a few years ago on the Cloud. Really looking forward to it again! Looking forward to seeing your drone. Keep us posted.

That's just greedy! haha How envious am I!

Well the first arrival and departure, I will be somewhere around Tower Bridge filming. After arrival, I will head for the Sky Garden to take some photos from there before going to the Tower Pier to go through secuirity and tender over for a ship visit at about 11 and lunch.

1st June arrival is a bit too early for me! I'm keen but not that keen! Stay on for the next departure and I'll wave from the Spirit as you pass in Greenwich! :D

We will be on the Cloud, arriving May 8 and disembarking May 9th. I know we will be tied up alongside the HMCS Belfast. Does anyone know the disembarkation location shoreside? Which side of the Thames? Will we disembark via tenders? Thanks.

Yes it can be a bit confusing. The ship docks right outside my office and my first venture onto Silver Cloud a few years ago had me ringing to challenge the side of the Thames it suggested I had to go!

Anyway the attached map will clear it up for you.

You will disembark on deck 5 on the port side then through the side of the Belfast and down a ramp to an awaiting tender to take you across the Thames to Tower Pier to clear customs and passport Control. Once done, up the ramp to right next to the Tower of London shop and entrance to the Tower in Lower Thames Street.

It’s actually a nice way to finish at such an awesome historical location recognised the world over.

Enjoy your cruise and if you wave coming through Tower Bridge, you may well be snapped in the photos I shall be taking on the day.

Edit.... I just looked at the map.... it’s very slightly wrong on the location the tender goes to on the Belfast..... it will pick you up at the stern of the Cloud and starboard side of the Belfast.... not Port side indicated on the map. Very minor thing.... but worthy to point out you don’t get a free tour of the Belfast first! Lol... straight down the ramp and off.

These photos should clear everything up.... - The first even showing the tender

20150719110234-95068a96-la.jpg

20150719095510-a57ee3c1-la.jpg

Tower Bridge MAP SILVER CLOUD.pdf

Edited by les37b

Thanks Les for making this SS Tower Bridge information available to Silversea cruise critics--sincerely appreciate your generosity. Just wish we were going through the Tower Bridge on a SS Ship again this summer.

e17e1d374103eeef0c048d050ca7916d.jpg

d017197273677a1100763209801113f4.jpg

Edited by WesW

Thanks Les for making this SS Tower Bridge information available to Silversea cruise critics--sincerely appreciate your generosity. Just wish we were going through the Tower Bridge on a SS Ship again this summer.

You're welcome..... and I certainly wished I was on one too...... To date still my most memorable start of any cruise I've done.

But at least I'll be getting back on the Cloud on the 8th May for lunch in sight of the Tower and Bridge, whilst waving at my office colleagues looking on out the window! :D

Edit..... Wes, were they photo's from your ill fated Friday evening departure last summer on the Wind?

Edited by les37b

Yes, Les first photo of Ida with Tower Bridge in background was during our almost sail away but due to technical glitches and change in tides, we stayed overnight in London & did not sail away until day break the next morning (when the Tower Bridge in background with Wes is shown)

Yes, Les first photo of Ida with Tower Bridge in background was during our almost sail away but due to technical glitches and change in tides, we stayed overnight in London & did not sail away until day break the next morning (when the Tower Bridge in background with Wes is shown)
I was waiting in the wings at Dartford Bridge with the drone. I thought marine traffic must be faulty as it was still showing you at tower bridge when you should have been at Dartford.

Alas you departed far too early and I needed my beauty sleep the next morning when you left eventually.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk