Florence - Luxury Outlet Mall

KW Cruisers

Hello everyone,

Has anyone been to the Florence Luxury Outlet Mall (I love Gucci at a discount!)? How hard is it to get to? It looks like the direct bus service (provided by the Mall) from Florence at €13 is the best option...now I just have to get to Florence from Livorno. Speaking of which, any advice on what the best way to get to Florence is from the port? I have looked at the Azamara excursions, and if that's the best way, I'll book that. Just looking for opinions (of which I know people have!).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Shawn

I think I saw the outlet busses at the main bus station in Florence when we were there last. I have been to the outlet but from another direction skirting Florence. I'd think the ride would take a good 45-60 minutes in moderate traffic. The outlet is several miles off the A1 south of Florence. With a transfer in Florence you might be looking at least 2 1/2 hours each way from Livorno.

If you have a long enough day it would be doable but if you sail in the early evening it might be a little dicy getting back to Livorno in the traffic.

You may find a post on the Detinations - Europe - Italy boards.

I hope it works for you and plan on visiting more than just the Gucci.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh boy, my hubby would KILL me if I suggested a trip to the outlet mall in Florence. I am bummed out enough knowing that we'll only be in port on Sunday, 9/2 which is "freebie" day for the museums so might not make it into the Uffizi as no tickets are sold in advance. But it's a gorgeous city, and there are plenty of other museums to see (including the Ferragamo!). Having been to Florence before, we are not doing a tour there.

Oh boy, my hubby would KILL me if I suggested a trip to the outlet mall in Florence. I am bummed out enough knowing that we'll only be in port on Sunday, 9/2 which is "freebie" day for the museums so might not make it into the Uffizi as no tickets are sold in advance. But it's a gorgeous city, and there are plenty of other museums to see (including the Ferragamo!). Having been to Florence before, we are not doing a tour there.

I agree w your husband.

DON