More unusual pricing strategies

tiggertom

We received the email from Azamara yesterday - Book Pay Save - offering up to 56% off the 15 night Journey to the North Cape in July. Sounds good so we had a look and couldn't believe it - £12,158 for a club veranda! So I checked the prices on a major UK cruise travel agent's website and they are starting at £7,799 for the same club veranda.

Azamara seems to come up with so many offers and deals and terms and conditions relating to the offers and deals that I find it all really confusing and misleading and the final price isn't a deal at all!

Very disappointing.

We had this email yesterday as well I looked at it as one of the cruises we had previously cancelled due to a change of itinerary, the savings on the CC suite grade were genuine. As regards the cruise mentioned above the offer doesn't extend to balcony or suite cabins its only the categories with a blue star along side them.

I can only access these offers via the email, although occassionally I get directed to the German site instead of the UK, if I look at Book,Pay,Save on the UK site it says no offers available.

We received the email from Azamara yesterday - Book Pay Save - offering up to 56% off the 15 night Journey to the North Cape in July. Sounds good so we had a look and couldn't believe it - £12,158 for a club veranda! So I checked the prices on a major UK cruise travel agent's website and they are starting at £7,799 for the same club veranda.

Azamara seems to come up with so many offers and deals and terms and conditions relating to the offers and deals that I find it all really confusing and misleading and the final price isn't a deal at all!

Very disappointing.

If you are looking at the same ta site I am I think you may have misread the pricing. It’s £12158 for two on the Azamara website and £7799 per person on the ta website which I guess includes flights and transfers.

BTW, I still think it’s crazy expensive and if they sell cabins at that price then they’ll be lucky. I also notice there are no guarantee (sorry, book, pay, save!) balcony cabins on offer for that sailing, but there are some OVs in that category at the bargain price of over £6000.

Phil

If you are looking at the same ta site I am I think you may have misread the pricing. It’s £12158 for two on the Azamara website and £7799 per person on the ta website which I guess includes flights and transfers.

BTW, I still think it’s crazy expensive and if they sell cabins at that price then they’ll be lucky. I also notice there are no guarantee (sorry, book, pay, save!) balcony cabins on offer for that sailing, but there are some OVs in that category at the bargain price of over £6000.

Phil

Sorry, I withdraw my angry comment above. Seems like you are right, Phil. Pricing is not higer than it has been. I just took this as another «raise and cut» offering, - like the ones we are so used to.

Phil

Sorry, you are correct, it must have been the shock that made me read that wrong :confused:, but i was also looking at the previous cruise - Shamrocks Kilts and Golf - 13 nights in July £6268 for veranda for 2 people or £9480 for a CC suite for 2 - what a difference in price compared to the above

Sorry, you are correct, it must have been the shock that made me read that wrong :confused:, but i was also looking at the previous cruise - Shamrocks Kilts and Golf - 13 nights in July £6268 for veranda for 2 people or £9480 for a CC suite for 2 - what a difference in price compared to the above

I find the pricing and the way it's done totally confusing at times. The Norwegian Fjords cruise has always been priced at a premium. I think because there aren't many cruises up there on Azamara. It's still way too much though and I'd expect to see a drop at some point. As regards the previous 13 night cruise pricing, having done the Fjords and much as I love the British Isles, there is no comparison. Fjords every time if the price was more realistic.

Phil

Book Pay and Save is nothing new; Azamara has had this for years, maybe just haven’t advertised it so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I must have been asleep at the wheel then. They’ve always been guarantees to me. It’s a bit of an inaccuracy anyway if they mean you do all three at once.

Phil

Well, I must have been asleep at the wheel then. They’ve always been guarantees to me. It’s a bit of an inaccuracy anyway if they mean you do all three at once.

Phil

There haven’t been as many offerings in the past, maybe just a couple. I think that there are a lot more empty cabins then there used to be; their prices have turned a lot of regulars off.

Phil

They certainly still appear as GTY on the pricing options for some cruises last week. The Book and Go was a separate thing for late bookings within a couple of months GTY could be booked many months ahead.

There haven’t been as many offerings in the past, maybe just a couple. I think that there are a lot more empty cabins then there used to be; their prices have turned a lot of regulars off.

Me included and my friends too. And now they are stipulating that onboard booking offers can't be used against them (I started a separate thread) even though the GTY saving put the price about level with what it would be for a standard booking with a Passages certificate applied. Not the best way to treat your loyal guests. As I have said here before it may very well come back and bite them.

Phil