Quest Transatlantic cancels Azores

oddjob16

Just heard some news that Azamara Quest is cancelling transatlantic stop at Azores and are deviating to Funchal, Madeira instead. Plan is to arrive Funchal on tuesday next week. Quest is currently docked in Hamilton, Bermuda and are departing at 2pm local time today

It should be pointed out that the itinerary change was caused by a forecast of 10 meter swells and 70 mile an hour winds due to a massive storm in the Azores on the planned day of arrival.

Thanks. Must have been an easy decision. :)

Phil, wave forecast maps ? you truly are a pantomath. I didn't know this word before so had to look up a suitable definition.

Pam

This is the one I use as my favourite for the Atlantic. Click on the "play" button at the top for an animation.

http://forecast.uoa.gr/LINKS/WAM_NEW/wam.php?domain=atlantic&field=g2&lan=en

Phil

On Quest now.

We are going south to Funchal to avoid bad weather .

Last night was quite agitated and a few early rising passengers have a anxious look..

The crew, has always ,takes great care of everybody and the Captain stays positive and keeps reassuring us.

The next 4 or 5 days are going to be interesting but Funchal is a lovely port that most are happy to go to.

Micheline

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Quest now.

We are going south to Funchal to avoid bad weather .

Last night was quite agitated and a few early rising passengers have a anxious look..

The crew, has always ,takes great care of everybody and the Captain stays positive and keeps reassuring us.

The next 4 or 5 days are going to be interesting but Funchal is a lovely port that most are happy to go to.

Micheline

Micheline, hope your trip across is as comfy as possible.

Phil

Wow, just looked at that site. Put it in favorites for our cruise to Iceland in Aug.

This another site that I like. weatheronlineuk. This link takes you wave heights for Iceland, but from the menu down the side you can go to anywhere around the world:

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/marine/weather?LEVEL=5&LANG=en&MENU=0&TIME=6&LOOP=1&MN=gfs&MODELLTYP=wave&CONT=euro

You can slow it down or pick day by day if you want to and the menu at the right covers all sorts of different things if you want to look at rainfall for example.

Phil