Oceaneer Lab Dinner?

pete123

Hi,

We are going on our first Disney cruise in May! We have two little ones (6 + 4). On our last NCL cruise, we did early + quick dinners at the buffet for them on most nights before dropping them off at the NCL kids club. That really worked out well for everyone.

I realize that the Disney cruise setup is different given the rotational dining. Other than some of the quick-food options that seem to be available at around dinner time, do any of you know what dinner is like in the Oceaneer Club? Lunch and Dinner is listed on the Personal Navigators that I have seen online. While it seems like Lunch may just be like a basic cheese sandwich (based on posts I read), is the dinner more substantive? Does it include hot food and do the kids get to choose? Any info on the dinner situation at Oceaneer Lab would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

We are going on our first Disney cruise in May! We have two little ones (6 + 4). On our last NCL cruise, we did early + quick dinners at the buffet for them on most nights before dropping them off at the NCL kids club. That really worked out well for everyone.

I realize that the Disney cruise setup is different given the rotational dining. Other than some of the quick-food options that seem to be available at around dinner time, do any of you know what dinner is like in the Oceaneer Club? Lunch and Dinner is listed on the Personal Navigators that I have seen online. While it seems like Lunch may just be like a basic cheese sandwich (based on posts I read), is the dinner more substantive? Does it include hot food and do the kids get to choose? Any info on the dinner situation at Oceaneer Lab would be appreciated!

Thanks

There have been reports that the dinner is more than the standard cheese sandwich/fruit option. Like spaghetti, or chicken strips, and no choice, it's a set meal. And it's served at a set time (which may not coincide with either your dinner seating, or when your kids are there), and the kid's are told the food is there, but are not made to sit down and eat. If they don't, they may be really hungry by the time you pick them up.

Personal preference, but I wouldn't assume that my child is going to eat in the programming. I've also read that the food served has improved, but the policy of telling kids who are playing that there is food if they want it remains. There are plenty of places to feed your child. You can feed them at any of the fast food outlets on board, order room service, or take them to the MDR and ask your server to "expedite" the kid's food. That means that whatever the child orders (from adult or kid menu) is fast tracked so that they can be done eating about 45 minutes after the dining room opens. If you have late dining, the "Dine and Play" deal means that people from the programming will come to the dining room and take the kids away. If you have early (main) dining, you can excuse yourself briefly and take the kids to the programming area. You'll know they've eaten and you can have desert and coffee in peace.