AMEX $100 Discounts On Seabourn Cruises

rallydave

Haven't seen it posted on this Board but, an easy way to save a few bucks on your booked or to be booked Seabourn cruise is on Amex Offers. Each Amex card at the bottom of the account webpage offers for discounts, extra points, etc. Right now there is an offer for $100 off $500 cruise bookings. It also works for partial payments.

Simply make a $500 partial payment after clicking on the offer and within a couple of days of payment posting you will get a $100 account credit. This credit is good on any cruise under the Carnival banner. And, make sure you check all of your cards to see if the offer is on more than one since once you click the offer, it will disappear on the other cards.

To get the offer on more than one card, open your account in multiple tabs, the click the first offer and quickly go to the next tab and click the offer there. Both offers will then show up and be valid, make two separate payments, one on each card and you will have a $200 total credit. Easy money.

Haven't seen it posted on this Board but, an easy way to save a few bucks on your booked or to be booked Seabourn cruise is on Amex Offers. Each Amex card at the bottom of the account webpage offers for discounts, extra points, etc. Right now there is an offer for $100 off $500 cruise bookings. It also works for partial payments.

Simply make a $500 partial payment after clicking on the offer and within a couple of days of payment posting you will get a $100 account credit. This credit is good on any cruise under the Carnival banner. And, make sure you check all of your cards to see if the offer is on more than one since once you click the offer, it will disappear on the other cards.

To get the offer on more than one card, open your account in multiple tabs, the click the first offer and quickly go to the next tab and click the offer there. Both offers will then show up and be valid, make two separate payments, one on each card and you will have a $200 total credit. Easy money.

Especially if you have it on 5 cards and do a tab sync. ;).

Keep in mind that if you also have an Amex Platinum/Centurion card and want shipboard credit you have to pay the deposit and the final payment entirely on the Amex Platinum/Centurion card. You will not get the shipboard credit if you put 500.00 on one Amex that has the offer and the rest on the Platinum/Centurion. Run the numbers before you do it.

Especially if you have it on 5 cards and do a tab sync. ;).

Keep in mind that if you also have an Amex Platinum/Centurion card and want shipboard credit you have to pay the deposit and the final payment entirely on the Amex Platinum/Centurion card. You will not get the shipboard credit if you put 500.00 on one Amex that has the offer and the rest on the Platinum/Centurion. Run the numbers before you do it.

Absolutely great the more cards with the offer the better. Believe but, not completely sure that as long as you put the entire trip on any Amex card, you get the OBC. That said, we only use the Amex card for this special bonus. More bang for the buck using the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card with triple points of all travel spend. And, unlike Amex, Chase only requires a "portion" of the trip charge on the Reserve card unlike Amex which requires the entire amount on either only the platinum card or platinum atd plus other Amex cards.

While the Amex program is for non-refundable OBC, the Chase points are worth 1 1/2 dollars per point thru Chase travel, can be redeemed for cash or transferred to other programs plus the great Chase insurance products requiring only a portion paid with the Reserve card.

All in all, as long as you spend over about $15K on your cruise, using Chase Reserve for the majority of your payments and Amex for this $100/card bonus is certainly the best bang for the buck and if paying Seabourn prices, in almost all cases the Reserve trumps the Amex $300 non-refundable OBC.

Thanks for your information,

• Like 1

Absolutely great the more cards with the offer the better. Believe but, not completely sure that as long as you put the entire trip on any Amex card, you get the OBC. That said, we only use the Amex card for this special bonus. More bang for the buck using the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card with triple points of all travel spend. And, unlike Amex, Chase only requires a "portion" of the trip charge on the Reserve card unlike Amex which requires the entire amount on either only the platinum card or platinum atd plus other Amex cards.

While the Amex program is for non-refundable OBC, the Chase points are worth 1 1/2 dollars per point thru Chase travel, can be redeemed for cash or transferred to other programs plus the great Chase insurance products requiring only a portion paid with the Reserve card.

All in all, as long as you spend over about $15K on your cruise, using Chase Reserve for the majority of your payments and Amex for this $100/card bonus is certainly the best bang for the buck and if paying Seabourn prices, in almost all cases the Reserve trumps the Amex $300 non-refundable OBC.

Thanks for your information,

Both the deposit and final payment must be on the Plat/Centurion card. Those two cards are the only Amex cards that participate in the Cruise Privleges Program and offer the OBC. If any part of the deposit or final is put on another Amex card you will not receive the OBC.

I always crunch the numbers and decide between my CSR and Amex Plat. Both are great. Sometimes one wins out. Sometimes it’s a draw. Nice to have both and have choices. When used correctly the fees of either more than pay for themselves in the benefits received.

Also remember check your authorized users on your American Express cards as they may also have the offer.

Edited by cruisr
More info added

I have the gold rewards AE, and a few years ago, I used the offer, now I have a Princess booked, I checked and I have it again, so I "added" it to the card, made a $500 payment, and got the $100 credit. My DH also has an AE, but never got the offer.

Both the deposit and final payment must be on the Plat/Centurion card. Those two cards are the only Amex cards that participate in the Cruise Privleges Program and offer the OBC. If any part of the deposit or final is put on another Amex card you will not receive the OBC.

You have stated this twice. As long as you are holding a plat/cent card, you can use any other AMEX card to charge the cruise and receive same benefits as though you used either of the mentioned cards. Unless something has recently changed, Dave has it correct. marazul, too. In so many ways, CSR is the way to go nowadays.

So, if you don't get the offer directly, you can call AE to have it added?

Afraid not myfuzzy. These are targeted offers and have to show up on your account page. While all cards have targeted offers, haven't seen any of the cruise line cash back offers on my other amex cards for airlines, hotels, etc.

The offer is on my Amex everyday and was last year as well. This is a great no annual fee card and I can refer anybody who sends me an email, link below with your name and email address. The card is no fee and if you spend a low $1K in the first 3 months, with my referral you get 15,000 Membership Rewards Points. Many of my Platinum offers are also on the Everyday card so you can double up with the tab trick and there other perks for no annual charge.

Just let me know.

I fell out with Chase some years ago, I refuse to do business with them and I don't have a Chase card. I do have the Amex Platinum, however, and have saved thousands of dollars with that card. The points I got for our last cruise - cruise fare and airfare - were worth around 2% of the price paid when translated into dollars. In addition, when the Seabourn OBC is better than the Amex OBC, we take that and get the $300 credited back to our Amex account.

We use Amex travel as our travel agent and they got us a great deal on airfares this last time too. Around 50% of the best we were able to do on our own.

You have stated this twice. As long as you are holding a plat/cent card, you can use any other AMEX card to charge the cruise and receive same benefits as though you used either of the mentioned cards. Unless something has recently changed, Dave has it correct. marazul, too. In so many ways, CSR is the way to go nowadays.

I called the Amex Platinum Cruise reservations and Seabourn and they said it can ONLY be paid on the Platinum or Centurion card and NO other Amex cards in order to get the OBC.

So sorry I am bothering you sharing data points that I have that I think may help people, If that information is wrong I apologize for relaying it from the sources that should know. I guess this a case that you know more than Seabourn res agents and Amex Travel Cruise sales reps.

I’ll keep any information I find to myself since I have made the unconscionable error of restating something to try to help others. Sorry I wasted your time.

CSR is the way for some, not everybody. As with all CCs, churn and MS, YMMV. Adding unlimited AUs to Amex and tab sync for offers has gotten me more than $1.5k in credits last year. If you wanted to use points for paid airline tickets then the WF Go Far rewards would have gotten you 1.75 instead of 1.5 with CSR.

Have a great day!

Edited by cruisr

The Platinum American Express Card and Centurion American Express cards are two completely different programs. Centurion also know as Black card has its own special class of services and discounts. Really the only people besides those working in American Express that know the benefits are the card holders. Also the benefits absolutely are not standard, but adjusted to suite the cardholder.

So sorry I am bothering you sharing data points that I have that I think may help people, If that information is wrong I apologize for relaying it from the sources that should know. I guess this a case that you know more than Seabourn res agents and Amex Travel Cruise sales reps.

I enjoy reading your posts. Hardly a cause for a hissy fit on this item. Am speaking of my own experience, TA charges on SPG AMEX and plat benefits received.....but this was on a recent Silversea booking when I wanted the bottle of Dom tossed in. Used to do this quite often before CSR arrived. From my dealings with Seabourn agents, yes I do know more.

Of course, we can have different experiences with faceless companies.

If you used the Amex for the $100, would you not lose the valuable trip insurance that comes with the CSR? I believe that you need to book the entire cruise on the CSR to get all the benefits.

No, absolutely not. Only need to pay for a "portion" of your trip with CSR to maintain all of your benefits. Simply read the benefits booklet and it clearly states pay for a "portion" of your trip for full coverage. It is Amex that requires full payment with an Amex card to get the Cruise privileges. I have confirmed this directly with a representative of the CSR Insurance company. Have also confirmed and have the response in writing that if you pay a partial amount for yourself with the CSR and a partial amount for your spouse with the CSP, each person is to the full value of each card thus doubling this coverage.

No, absolutely not. Only need to pay for a "portion" of your trip with CSR to maintain all of your benefits. Simply read the benefits booklet and it clearly states pay for a "portion" of your trip for full coverage. It is Amex that requires full payment with an Amex card to get the Cruise privileges. I have confirmed this directly with a representative of the CSR Insurance company. Have also confirmed and have the response in writing that if you pay a partial amount for yourself with the CSR and a partial amount for your spouse with the CSP, each person is to the full value of each card thus doubling this coverage.

Thank you, that is good to know. What if each person has the CSR (separate accounts), does it still double the coverage or do you need to charge with a different product?

Ok, you guys seem to have this sort of thing down to a fine art...

Perhaps you can answer this..

We have cruised on several brands of the Carnival group. They all seem to have their own loyalty programme, but is there a combined programme?

For example a few Cunard cruises, plus a few on HAL, plus a few on Aids....?

Thank you, that is good to know. What if each person has the CSR (separate accounts), does it still double the coverage or do you need to charge with a different product?

You are not covered for more than the amount charged. If you don’t charge 10000 you won’t get the max coverage of 10k for u and travel partner

Yes you double the benefit if you divide between 2 csr cards but be aware you cannot stack benefits with other chase cards eg United or Marriott. You can get an extra 5k pp if you charge to citi branded card. That’s what we do if cruise is over 40k total

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Does the cruise have to be booked through Amex Travel for the OBC to apply?

No. But your TA needs to get a confirmation number from Amex for the amenity to apply. Thus you cannot book direct with the cruise line. Please remember, any OBC that the cruise line provides in addition to the Amex OBC can negate the Amex OBC. This is because at least some of the Amex OBC does come from the cruise line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...