Silver Shadow Refurbishment/Upgrade

Perfectionistcruiser

Does anybody have any firm information as to when The Shadow will finally get an upgrade?

Last time we were on, in a Silver Suite (three years ago) it was poor decor and furnishing/ upholstery wise, and I understand nothing has happened since that time.

A shame as some very good 2019 itinerary’s but we will not book, and we are normally a party of six, until the Ship is significantly upgraded.

I know S S do not own this Vessel so maybe it’s not a priority for them, but with Mediterranean season coming up, surely it needs attention ?

Any comments much appreciated especially from S S !

We just left the Shadow on Saturday, and honestly she looked good. Granted, the decor may not have been my taste, but she was in fine shape, and they were doing all the maintenance while we were there. We were on a Princess ship last year that had been out of drydock for 2 weeks - and needless to say, I think the discharge came a tad too early......

Jan, had they refilled the pool when you boarded in Hong Kong?

I noticed on the morning of our approach into the Harbour on our final morning, that the pool area had been sectioned off, drained and being worked on.

I’m assuming it was just a cleaning process.... and if the case and back in action when you boarded, certainly wouldn’t have caused any inconvenience...... apart to those wanting to take some last minute snaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that you mention it Les, the pool was roped off when we were eating lunch on embarkation day, but it was certainly being used later that evening. Early mornings were the best time at the pool & hot tubs, no one around.....

Jan