Alaska in August

cccole

I have a good friend taking their first cruise to Alaska on Seabourn in August. We were discussing clothes and I told her that Alaska dress code seems to be a bit more relaxed. I have only been on Celebrity, Holland America, Disney, and Royal Caribbean, and wonder if this is also true on Seabourn? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you, Cherie

The evening dress code still applies. We had people on our Seabourn Alaska cruise last year who were very disappointed to not be able to dine in The Restaurant because they brought nothing nicer than jeans.

Just curious how cool they keep the ship interior while cruising Alaska. This is my first Seabourn Cruise also and while I understand the dinner dress code and have no problem with it, I was wondering if I’ll always need a wrap with my outfit. (Female attire). Some ships keep their public rooms quite chilly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just curious how cool they keep the ship interior while cruising Alaska. This is my first Seabourn Cruise also and while I understand the dinner dress code and have no problem with it, I was wondering if I’ll always need a wrap with my outfit. (Female attire). Some ships keep their public rooms quite chilly.

I would bring a wrap just in case. I was fine indoors in sleeveless dresses but my mother was cold. We sailed in early June, however, which was much cooler than August should be.

Thank you jenidallas!!! I don't think my friends would consider wearing jeans into the main dining room and I assume that if they are exhausted from excursions they can relax in another venue or with room service in their cabin. I think on other lines jeans are acceptable in the dining room on nights that are not considered formal. Thank you again, Cherie

I would bring a wrap just in case. I was fine indoors in sleeveless dresses but my mother was cold. We sailed in early June, however, which was much cooler than August should be.

Thanks. Our cruise is early June as well so it’s good to know that I might need a wrap. I will of course have layers for outside, but I will bring something that will go with most of my nicer things if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums