Just off Getaway for 4/8 sailing - Quick Thoughts to share

MizDemeanor

I'll be happy to answer as many questions as I can....

Overall the staff attention was probably the best that we have expereinced on any cruise in the past 5 years on multiple lines incluing geatway last year. The ship is still very well maintained and I can't really find faults during our entire week on board with what NCL and its staff were doing to make it a great vacation experience.

We did miss Roatan due to the Pier issue following the Armonia incident and we went to Belize City. The staff shifted gears very quickly and efficiently. It tuned out to be a postive for us.

We were in Haven and embarkation and disembarkation was fantastic. The Dining was fantastic, the Concierge Service was fantasic, the Priority servies were fantastic. The Beds were fantastic.

I've posted on recent threads about excursion credits, elevators, show walk outs, smoking on balconies, tipping butlers and a few other hot topics. I'll be posting on those threads directly with my updates.

Just wanted to share with you all that this was a really good experience for us. If you are sailing or plan to sail soon, I really think you will have a good time. I'll be happy to add random thoughts along the way.

Waiting to hear as we will be on the May13th cruise. Did you bid into the Haven? Did you do a VIBE Pass? I was shocked to see there is no outdoor area with a Bar in the Haven. Our last cruise was on the Epic and they gave you access to the POSH Area and was great.

Waiting to hear as we will be on the May13th cruise. Did you bid into the Haven? Did you do a VIBE Pass? I was shocked to see there is no outdoor area with a Bar in the Haven. Our last cruise was on the Epic and they gave you access to the POSH Area and was great.

I can't compare to Epic/POSH havng not done it, I think Epic is unique in that way...the outdoor area on Getaway has a pretty well attended bar server group for your pleasure. While there is no outdoor bar area in The Haven on Getaway, as there is in Vibe, there is wait staff to assist you on both sun deck areas in Haven with beverages.

Yes, we did get a vibe pass, again.:D

We do like Vibe. We like that is is compact and has what we want, the hot tubs, the showers, the Bar. We used both options, Vibe and Haven depending on what our mood was. For example the winds were pretty strong and the umbrellas in Vibe were not allowed to be put up, so when we wanted a shaded lounger we moved over to Haven sundeck under the permanent structural shades that cover the upper deck. We had no issues with bar service. We were waited on.

We were in a mini suite orignally. We have been in a Mini-Suite two times. I decided when prices dropped for this sailing to buy into Haven in a Spa Cabin to get into Haven again. I bid on some other options under Mini Suite and even under Haven Spa, but then decided that I wasn't inclined to gamble and took a forward penthouse to get a cabin that I truly wanted, guaranteed. This was our second Haven experience. We have been in aft penthouse before on Breakway. We have done non-haven Mini Suite and enjoyed it, but Haven has the distinct advantages we decided we wanted for this cruise. Absolutely no regrets on price delta for an outright buy versus a bid gamble.

Want to mention that this time we were able to see Burn the Floor. It was amazing. I regret that I did not make a better effort on prior cruises to see this show as this is a show that I would go and see every cruise.

The Levity shows were enjoyable, we had some good laughs with the comedians that were on board in Headliners.

Many of the Atrium events were good entertainment, whether music or games or trivia.

For other bits and pieces I can tell you that the WiFi worked very well, but note that I did have to re-login after being off the ship. We upgraded to the unlimited package and it worked out great for us. Like being at home and always available.

In the cocktails department, don't be afraid to order a double shot with the beverage package. So if you want a vodka on the rocks, don't be afraid to ask for a double with what ever you want to sip on the side....soda, water, tonic....you get the idea. They do use jigger cups for measurements with a bit of a spill over in your favor often enough. Tip your bartender!!!;)

Mudslide might be the most popular drink that we saw being mixed up on board. Note they are nearly virgin though :(....a Chocolate martini will be outside of the package and you pay the $3.54 upcharge.

The beds and the pillows were like cloud nine. Do not bring your own hairdryer it will blow the circuits, the one on board works well. I haven't missed mine in the past two cruises.

If you need an ironing board and and iron ask, they can bring that to you.

....what else....

New NCL cruiser here,,,,can you tell me what Vibe is?

Thanks, Kari

Vibe is a private outdoor area accessible by special key card that is an adults only setting with two hot tubs under canopies with blanketed loungers, large umbrellas for shade, large sunbeds, covered cabanas, a nice outdoor shower, restrooms, and Vibe has its own dedicated bar in the area with TV's. (At least that is the set up on Getaway and Breakaway.)

There is a $99 pp cost, the cabanas a good bit more. The Vibe passes are first come and are not easy to get since you really need to board in a very early group. The passes are in high demand and sell out quickly. You can get them from guest relations as soon as you board, or if you are in Haven, from the Haven Concierge.

The service is very good, there are fruit skewers passed and there are personal carafes of iced water infused with citrus. There is an attendant that passes ice cold towels and mists you on the hot sunny days.

The number of passes offered for the venue is 60 people.

The Hot Tubs are open at 7am and the bar is open at 9am until about 6:30.

Vibe is a private outdoor area accessible by special key card that is an adults only setting with two hot tubs under canopies with blanketed loungers, large umbrellas for shade, large sunbeds, covered cabanas, a nice outdoor shower, restrooms, and Vibe has its own dedicated bar in the area with TV's. (At least that is the set up on Getaway and Breakaway.)

There is a $99 pp cost, the cabanas a good bit more. The Vibe passes are first come and are not easy to get since you really need to board in a very early group. The passes are in high demand and sell out quickly. You can get them from guest relations as soon as you board, or if you are in Haven, from the Haven Concierge.

The service is very good, there are fruit skewers passed and there are personal carafes of iced water infused with citrus. There is an attendant that passes ice cold towels and mists you on the hot sunny days.

The number of passes offered for the venue is 60 people.

The Hot Tubs are open at 7am and the bar is open at 9am until about 6:30.

Thanks. Are the hot tubs handicap accessible by chance?

If its helpful at all, I did a full review of the Getaway from our Christmas Holidays trip in December. We stayed in the Haven, took many pictures, including of menus, spa sheets, etc. We even have a short video clip of Howl at the Moon (which is one of my favorite spots!) We loved the shows as well :) Take a peek if you're interested, I have alot of fun writing these up. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Diverted from Roatan to Belize City. One hell hole to another. Been to both many times. Yuck.

For the change to Belize City we went out to the reef and snorkeled with the stingrays and the nurse sharks. Saw a moray eel, more Conch than I could have ever imagined, urchins and all sorts of fish including a barracuda. The water was warm like bathwater.

Its very, very pretty out that way.

For the change to Belize City we went out to the reef and snorkeled with the stingrays and the nurse sharks. Saw a moray eel, more Conch than I could have ever imagined, urchins and all sorts of fish including a barracuda. The water was warm like bathwater.

Its very, very pretty out that way.

Gotcha, you didn't really go to Belize City. Good choice.

Quick question for you. We go on the getaway May 13th. I saw you mentioned you have the internet package. My husband just got a promotion and we didn't plan to get internet but now its kinda a must. If he needed to use google voice to make phone calls from time to time or to text employees which is the best package to get? What are the costs?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
If its helpful at all, I did a full review of the Getaway from our Christmas Holidays trip in December. We stayed in the Haven, took many pictures, including of menus, spa sheets, etc. We even have a short video clip of Howl at the Moon (which is one of my favorite spots!) We loved the shows as well :) Take a peek if you're interested, I have alot of fun writing these up. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Super awesome very comprehensive review! Thanks for taking the time! By any chance, do you have scanned pics of the dailies? Trying to plan which night to go to which restaurant and show but don't want to miss anything. Are the comedy shows only on certain nights? Interested in the shows that aren't the ones listed or that you can pre-reserve. Thanks!

Going on the Getaway at the end of May in the Haven. So 100% we can purchase our Vibe passes from the concierge? I'd prefer to do that than go to deck 6 first. Prefer to go straight to the Haven. Thanks!

Going on the Getaway at the end of May in the Haven. So 100% we can purchase our Vibe passes from the concierge? I'd prefer to do that than go to deck 6 first. Prefer to go straight to the Haven. Thanks!

I had read pre-cruise that we would be able to and in fact we were able to. I was very excited about this! I saw only two envelopes on the ledge at Concierge desk when I got there and we boarded first group. Of the two envelopes we got one of the two, so I am not sure how many they actually get at Haven Concierge or if they can get more, but Vibe was never 100% occupied although it accompates 60 people.

This was out 3rd time in Vibe, it has not ever been 'full' in my opinion at any time.

If worse comes to worse, and you have the means, if you really want Vibe and can afford the Cabanas in Vibe, they seem not be be utilzed much at all as a fall back if the 'regular' passes are gone.

Thanks, likely going to try for a cabana too. Had one on the Breakaway, and loved the privacy. With this being a more port intensive cruise, not sure how much we will get to use it, but like having it as an option.

Super awesome very comprehensive review! Thanks for taking the time! By any chance, do you have scanned pics of the dailies? Trying to plan which night to go to which restaurant and show but don't want to miss anything. Are the comedy shows only on certain nights? Interested in the shows that aren't the ones listed or that you can pre-reserve. Thanks!

Thanks-

Sorry I did not take pictures of the dailies but will do that next time!! The comedy show is not every night as well as Howl at the moon. They alternate in the same venue. We just ask the haven concierge to book us when we board.

As to making sure we don’t miss anything- we tend to make easier dinner reservations (like 5:30 or 6) as most things start at 7 and then we party after. :). I look up the in port times and will adjust dinner times around that (since we do our own thing normally, we are back way early anyway), so can get cleaned us for dinner pretty quick. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums