LIVE from: Z and TB go from Atlantic to Pacific in Style

Zqueeze1

Grab you Panama hats and your maracas and strike up the Band because we are about to get started on another adventure. This time we are onboard the beautiful and renovated Regent Mariner. We (me actually) are packed and ready to head out in the morning. The Boss is still trying to pack ten pounds into a five pound bag (“I can’t wear anything more than once!” She humbly says). If you happened to see a Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus train in front of the cruise port, that’s us and her luggage. I am just a servant to her whims.

Sorry to start a second blog for this cruise, but I have to have a place to post my pics for my huge and diverse fan base to enjoy (OK, our kids, my aunt Hilda with the lazy eye, and a creepy guy from work called Sancho). Kudos to Ron and Rick for setting the table with their blog and having the most amazing story getting to Miami. Please find me in the Mariner lounge before dinner on most nights.

I am starting this trip with a bang: I went to the doc today who diagnosed me with an ear infection and put me on amoxicillin for ten days. I promised not to touch a drop of alcohol while taking the meds (and my mom thinks I’m a world famous astro physicist).

On a serious note some dear friends of ours were forced to cancel this cruise yesterday. We hope everything is ok and hope to sail with them again.

I hope you all join us in this blog and enjoy our narrative and pics sprinkled with a little bit of my warped sense of humor. I’m on my way now to rent a forklift so I can move some luggage in the morning.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Z", I really needed your humor and, for the record, you are not permitted to have an ear infection (at least not one that would interfere with having fun.) I understand "TB's" reasoning in terms of packing. She is beautiful and wants to look gorgeous for you!

As Dennis would say, this will be a "jolly good thread". Will be checking in on both threads but know that this is the place to come for some laughs.

Enjoy every moment of your cruise.

Z , Thrilled you decided to post this thread! Just wish we were joining you and Pam.

We will have Bloody Marys and big hugs waiting for you both in San Fran hotel. Keep the Mariner neat and tidy for our boarding on May 6.

Party hard, enjoy the delicious food, relax, get well, and send pictures.

Karen & John

Rachel - think that you just made his day!:evilsmile: Seriously, "Z" is a hoot and "TB" is lovely and fun to talk to ..... just a great couple. Our Explorer crossing with them (and other CC'ers) was so much fun. Hoping that this cruise will be as fun for them.

When you settle in, I'll be interested to learn what the drawer situation is now that the suites have been updated. It seems that the refurbished ships suffer from a lack of drawers in some suites.

Z, as a physician, i can assure that it is totally ok to mix alcohol and amoxicillin. No bad effects at all.

Have a great cruise. And TB packs just perfect.

Rachel: Jackie is correct. You certainly made my day. You are now one of my personal heroes along with the Seralles and Cline families (obscure references to producers of fine spirits). Gracias!

Z and TB

As I understand it, they've put on an entire case of Hendrick's with the notation of "Z" scribbled on the box.....you wouldn't know anything about that, right?!! (giggle!). We're counting on you to be hosting the usual meetings of the M B M S at the pool bar each day (or when weather permits....)!!!

Have a wonderful time, enjoy every minute and know we'll be sailing along with you, if only thru CC!

Best,

John and Linda

Thanks all for the well wishes. We hope you enjoy our adventure along with us and please feel free to ask away. I also hope to do this thread justice in the likes of Mr. Rumor (the original table setter), Wes, Jackie, and so forth. What I lack in prose I hope to make up with my pics.

Checking off our pre-cruise to do list: completed final packing, paid off our taxes, got the cats lined up for daily chow, and woke up at 0230 for no reason.

This cruise is more special to me than most others since it involves crossing Panama. I have been to the Panama Canal dozens of times during military deployments and flown over its length at low level. However, I have never had the good fortune to transit through the Canal and we are looking forward to it like two kids in a candy store. This event ticks off one of our many items in our bucket list. I have a lot of fond memories of Panama and the Canal in particular. As a young GI in the 80s, we practiced defending; in the 90s I would go to Panama on R and R from my tour as an advisor in El Salvador; and in the 2000s, we flew counterdrug missions from Panama and spend a lot of our downtime visiting the locks. Throughout the decades, I fell in love with the workings of the Canal and I finally get to complete one of my life’s goals.

Z and TB

Well, we made it to the cruise port and waiting to board. After offloading The Boss’ luggage:

971f8de31668eba6fcfd310151515a35.jpg

We went through a quick security process and were met with this welcoming sign:

a7bd32d153ce90d2ff147412a47623c5.jpg

As well as the one designating a separate line for the named cabins (we are with the GP):

fa823f1ac269182110ad0e08b7f80178.jpg

BTW, if anyone is curious, our itinerary is:

4b220acd784aa4c6806ec264b81531f9.jpg

We now get to wait to check-in.

Z and TB

Did you take that boarding sign for my benefit (just kidding of course)? Love the luggage photograph! According to my clock, you board in half an hour ...... very exciting.

The one photo that I'd love to see if of your suite - where they took out the cabinets and replaced them with ??? Thanks much!

Jackie: will take pic for you.

At this time, we are on a hold pattern waiting to board. Apparently, there is a computer glitch which is preventing us from checking in and we’ve been told twice to expect to wait another 30 minutes. I’m starving.

Z and TB

We have been waiting to board since 1115 with no end in sight due to a computer glitch. However, kudos to Regent for serving us snacks and champagne while we all wait. It should be a flying circus when they announce boarding.

6b67db31464ed7e0414bfa341b746b1f.jpg

dfb11db6b51cfc97899410f077465c9f.jpg

Z and TB

Edited by Zqueeze1

Good job Regent. We get on in San Francisco. Hope this does not happen.

We board in San Fran too:) can’t wait.!

Z the luggage pic is priceless !! Glad they are feeding you, we know how you get when hungry :eek:

Agree with Travelcat2, we are very interested in suite pics!

Thanks for your time & effort to post and take us along!!

Karen