Viking Shipboard Credit - 2018 Thread

mjthecruiser

Thanks for writing. How did you book them using OBC ahead of time? I can't figure it out.

We looked through the excursions on the website under My Viking Journey. When we added the ones we wanted into our cart it stated that the amount would be deducted from our OBC. When we checked our OBC balance the excursion amounts had been deducted.

We used shipboard credit for the occasional cocktail in the lounge and all of our optional excursions. Additionally, we were able to purchase discounted vouchers for future travel ($100 for a $200 vouchers). We asked, but were told that shipboard credit cannot be used for crew tips!

If you like Viking, this is a great use of OBC!

For river cruises yes. I went online to prebook a optional tour all ready to pay with my credit and and nothing came up for payment they used my credit. Fine with me.

Is there any way to use onboard credit to book optional excursions in advance of the cruise?

• 10 months later...

I just talked with Viking about OBC from a travel agent. They said that it has to be given as an amenity, not a gift of the travel agency.  Gifts can only be used onboard.  Amenities can be used for optional tours in advance of the cruise.  So ask you travel agent to give them to you as an amenity.

We were given OBC by our travel agency, but it is listed on our MyVikingJourney web page.  We haven't booked any optional excursions, but since it's listed on our MVJ page, does that mean it's available for spending now?

We don't cruise until October.

30 minutes ago, sharkster77 said:

We were given OBC by our travel agency, but it is listed on our MyVikingJourney web page.  We haven't booked any optional excursions, but since it's listed on our MVJ page, does that mean it's available for spending now?

We don't cruise until October.

If listed on MVJ you can use it to book excursions, buy Silver Spirits, whatever is able to be punched on the MVJ site.
I've done it.