Nassau/Freeport excursions (Dolphins)

doglover112525

What are the best dolphin excursions for Nassau or Freeport? I have 2 kids (8-11), neither are great swimmers. This is our first cruise. We are traveling in late December 2018. Which Carnival excursion would you recommend? Too cold to do the dolphin excursion then? Will they provide kids with life vests?

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend the Dolphin Encounter at Freeport. My husband and I did it just this past Monday and it was fantastic.

You start at the port and take a 40 min bus ride to the docks. Then a 20-30 min slow boat ride to the dolphins (it’s in man made canals so it has to be slow).

Then you spend time learning about the dolphins (they have 12 there) before you go near the water. You are taught what to do and what not to do and why. Then you change into your water clothes and head to the docks. You sit on the docks for most of the time but the dolphin comes by and does things around you and getan you wet. Each group of people then get to be in the water with the dolphin for 10-15 minutes and get to pet it and be up close. They’ll give you kisses and hugs and will take photos. Once it’s done you’ll shower off and head back (the ocean way back is ROUGH but fast). Tip the boat driver and the trainer and bird man at the dolphin place.

You’ll purchase photos at the docks. They are reasonable around $11.50 each.

This dolphin rescue is amazing the dolphins all get free reign to go out to the ocean whenever they want. They aren’t cooped up. They are very humanely treated and it shows in that they come back willingly. They have the dolphins from the movie Cocoon. It’s really awesome and worth it.

https://unexso.com/tours/dolphin-close-encounter-2/

DolphinTogether.jpg

DolphinElle.jpg

DolphinErique.jpg