Uniworld Included Tours in Budapest

whatnot

We went to Budapest 5 years ago with Uniworld. At that time one of the included tours was to the Parliament Building. That is no longer listed as an option. The current choices for 2018 are : Panoramic Highlights and Opera, Highstreet Shopping, or "Do as the locals Do" Budapest Walking Tour. Anyone know what these tours include? We are a group of 6 and going in 2 days early. Will get a private guide( one we used before) for one day before we board but don't want to duplicate if possible. Thanks for your help!

We were on the Uniworld Maria Therese this summer. Our tour of Budapest was disappointing to say the least. Bad guide who dropped us off at a church and returned in 1+ hr, then a bus ride showing a few streets. By all means secure your own guide and see that gorgeous city. I hope that you have the opportunity to see the city at night; truly spectacular. Safe Travels

We were on the Maria Theresa in April and had a totally different experience with the Panoramic Highlights tour. Our guide was personable, informative, and the tour itself was just as it was described. With that being said, the tour left me wanting a more in depth tour and if I had more time there I would have wanted to take a small group personalized one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've taken the Do As the Locals Do tour in Budapest twice, and highly recommend it. Seeing things on foot in a small group, and having a local guide explain them, was well worth it. Both guides showed us how to use the local bus and subway system, and we actually rode them. Stopped at a cafe for cake and coffee. Visited the main market which is a huge building full of all kinds of things.

Roz

Our Panorama tour with Uniworld 8 years ago included a stop at the Matthias Church, I presume the one referred to by Shoeman1, where our guide spoke about the church, the Fisherman's Bastion and Castle Hill area, with over an hour for us to explore on our own, which we actually enjoy, instead of always following a guide everywhere. We then had a drive through Pest, with a stop at Heroes Square.