Vancouver - which of these hotels are walkable to Canada Place?

iujen94

Yes, ANOTHER Vancouver hotel post. Please bear with me! I think I've narrowed down our possible pre-cruise Vancouver hotel to 5 possibilities. I've mapped them all, and they all look relatively close to Canada Place, but I'd love to hear from locals or people who have stayed there if they are realistically walkable to the pier. We are a family of 4 (including 2 teen boys) in pretty good physical shape, but we will be hauling at least a couple of big rolling suitcases with us.

Our choices are:

Fairmont Waterfront (I KNOW this one is walkable!)

Auberge Vancouver Hotel

Delta Hotels by Marriott

Executive Hotel Le Soleil

Hyatt Regency Vancouver

If you have any other thoughts on these hotels (good or bad!), I'd love to hear them. We'll be there 2 nights, so looking for a nice place to spend a couple of days - not just a place to crash for the night.

Thanks!!

I would consider them all walkable. The order you've listed them is pretty much closest to farthest away, but even the Hyatt Regency is only, maybe, 5 blocks away (but is just a little bit uphill). You may want to add in the new Exchange Hotel which is on the next block up from the Auberge - don't know what price that might be coming up as. From your list I do like Le Soleil, but it's a few years since I stayed there, so can't give you a recent report. My least favourite from your list would be the Delta Hotel, but that's just personal preference, no strong reasons and it's the one that's kind of on the Eastward side of the city centre rather than strictly central. Which ever gives you the best rate or you can use any points at or a free breakfast, I would say! [sorry if that's not too helpful!]

They're all totally walkable unless your luggage is too heavy to move at all. Wide sidewalks, not much in the way of hills around downtown. I'd also be inclined to book whichever has the best rate on your dates, as any marginal gain in proximity to a particular tourist sight will be offset by being further from others. Unless you plan to spend all your time in Stanley Park (you could, it would take many days to explore it all carefully!) in which case consider the Westin Bayshore, by far the closest fancy hotel to the park, you can't go wrong with any of those from a location and generally-good-reviews perspective.

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't want to roll luggage from the Hyatt. Though - I have walked that trip multiple times with out luggage so definitely walkable. A taxi is not that expensive if you choose that hotel.

Edited by Coral