OBC from travel agent used for Viking excursions

gem lady

Our excursion list was just made available for our Viking Chateau April 2019 cruise. When I go to check out, only $200.00 of our $500.00 OBC from our travel agent is credited against my purchase. Does anyone know if this is customary?

I guess there's no set answer to this, we booked with a TA, got onboard credit and was able to use it booking our shore excursions last month for our Rhine 2019 cruise.  Was expecting to have to use it once on the ship, it was a pleasant surprise!

On 10/8/2018 at 9:48 PM, gem lady said:

Our excursion list was just made available for our Viking Chateau April 2019 cruise. When I go to check out, only $200.00 of our $500.00 OBC from our travel agent is credited against my purchase. Does anyone know if this is customary?

From what I have gathered reading about OBCs in the Viking Oceans forum, OBCs come in flavors (for lack of a better word). Some can be used when advance booking shore excursions (and it will show up when you go to book your excursions) and some cannot. Some OBC can be used for grats and others can't. Some are refundable and other are not. The best way to know for sure what your credits can and cannot be used for is to contact Viking directly (your TA should be able to do this for you).

As for the TA given OBC, I have read that, for whatever reason, sometimes it is not applied until it gets closer to sailing