Parking--New Orleans

lovetotraveltx

Like others have said, Fulton Street Garage is a good option that is cheaper than the port garage. The port garage is super convenient though, because it it literally right outside the cruise terminal.

One thing about Fulton though... it's not "minutes" from the port. It's like, two blocks. It would be about a 5-10 minute walk without luggage. But since you'll have luggage, you'll probably want to use their shuttle service, which is free and takes practically no time at all.

Like others have said, Fulton Street Garage is a good option that is cheaper than the port garage. The port garage is super convenient though, because it it literally right outside the cruise terminal.

One thing about Fulton though... it's not "minutes" from the port. It's like, two blocks. It would be about a 5-10 minute walk without luggage. But since you'll have luggage, you'll probably want to use their shuttle service, which is free and takes practically no time at all.

I'm sure when people say minutes from the port they are meaning by shuttle because I haven't seen anybody park there and walk.

I'm sure when people say minutes from the port they are meaning by shuttle because I haven't seen anybody park there and walk.

Yeah 3-5 min shuttle ride. You could walk but it wouldn’t make any since when the shuttle ride is included.

I am wondering, does anyone know if they will let us walk? We want to drop our luggage at the ship about 12, go park, and walk around before walking to the ship around 2:30pm. We are big walkers so not worried about distance. I am wondering if they want you to take the shuttle to make sure you are using it for cruise parking.

I am wondering, does anyone know if they will let us walk? We want to drop our luggage at the ship about 12, go park, and walk around before walking to the ship around 2:30pm. We are big walkers so not worried about distance. I am wondering if they want you to take the shuttle to make sure you are using it for cruise parking.

I’m sure you can walk if you want to. Here’s the route you’d want to take from the garage.

223c4dd9b5dcc1c9072694f0cbea1a40.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Thanks! We are going to park and walk to Jackson Square and then back to the Port.

FYI you could take the street car at Julia street for $1.25/person/ride or a $3.00/person unlimited pass

6b863ae8205c4297bfbe9a1bc822549c.png

48205e07f24d71eac5ba1d94db6536a1.png

FYI you could take the street car at Julia street for $1.25/person/ride or a $3.00/person unlimited pass

6b863ae8205c4297bfbe9a1bc822549c.png

48205e07f24d71eac5ba1d94db6536a1.png

Thanks, that's an awesome idea. Our kids will love it. We are going Sunday and will report back on the parking, etc.

To add to that, the RTA GoMobile app allows you to purchase street car tickets and passes via your mobile device. Might save you some time and the hassle of having cash and correct change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am about to prepay at Fulton and noticed the height limit in the garage. Worried! We have a large SUV, nothing custom or raised, but would you all advise we just do erato? Thanks for any help!

Is it bigger than a truck? I used to park a Dodge Ram in there.

I am about to prepay at Fulton and noticed the height limit in the garage. Worried! We have a large SUV, nothing custom or raised, but would you all advise we just do erato? Thanks for any help!

If you are concened about it and still want a cheaper price than the port parking you can always do Machu Picchu. I believe they are a single floor place with a high ceiling. They’d be $110 for the week where the port is $140.

http://www.machupicchutours.com/cruise-ship-parking.html