Hotel Maya Long Beach

mkcurran

For those of you who have stayed I have a question. I'm looking at upgrades.

My choices are between a patio room, which mean easy access to the pool and walking around. But I don't know if it means easier access to the salt water (is it considered the Ocean or a bay there?)

Or I can book a water view balcony, which means we get to see the ship in the morning along with, what I would assume, good boat watching.

Which one would you do?

The water is the pretty part of an industrial port. Fine for looking, not for swimming.

Lol that's for sure! Especially in February :eek:. But nothing like sitting there and watching the waves...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm coming in late but a long time ago I cancelled a Mexican Riviera cruise and had Maya booked. To book Maya with a decent cruise rate, you had to email directly.

I see it has been taken over by Hilton now and it's nearly $400 for March 2019. Does it still offer the free terminal shuttle? I forgot what the benefits of Maya are.

Hello, I'm coming in late but a long time ago I cancelled a Mexican Riviera cruise and had Maya booked. To book Maya with a decent cruise rate, you had to email directly.

I see it has been taken over by Hilton now and it's nearly $400 for March 2019. Does it still offer the free terminal shuttle? I forgot what the benefits of Maya are.

You still have to email and they still have the shuttle. Cruise rate for 2019 is $189.

We are booked there for Oct. We have 2 rooms and will be leaving the car there for 14 days. Not cheap. :eek:

We have water view rooms.

Yes. they will shuttle us to and back.

Patti

OMG 14 days????? yes, i have the water view also. thankfully, we're flying in. i'll reach out via email.

We stay at the Maya every year. There are rooms with water views that are not official "water view " rooms. The buildings are on an angle so that often from the balconies you can see the water even if you cannot see if from inside the rooms. The pool is on the far right of the property facing the water . We prefer staying farther to the left closer to the main entrance and restaurant.

We are not that interested in pool time at the Maya since we live in San Diego.

• 3 weeks later...
You still have to email and they still have the shuttle. Cruise rate for 2019 is $189.

I would like to book the Maya for our cruise in Dec. I'm having trouble finding an email address to use. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Just FYI- I have looked at the Maya for March and April 2019.

Perhaps it is too far out to book but in March rooms are over $300 per night and in April there is a whole week where NO rooms at all are available.

I do not know the reason for any of this but hope to find out soon.

We may have to change our normal routine and either stay somewhere else or drive up the day of the cruise and park at the port.

Perhaps it is too far out to book but in March rooms are over $300 per night and in April there is a whole week where NO rooms at all are available.

We may have to change our normal routine and either stay somewhere else or drive up the day of the cruise and park at the port.

We did finally get a response from the Maya. Booked our room for Nov. 30 at rate of $179.

• 2 weeks later...

The Long Beach Grand Prix is in April which is why there is a whole week with no availability.

I was reading all the responses so I had to call and check the Maya for myself. I need a room for November 2, sailing out on November 3, this year. The room rate for cruise and park is $359. If you don't need parking, the room rate is $354. Now I see why this hotel is a good deal if you need a night stay AND parking. I will be flying in so I won't have my car with me. A bit to pricey for me for a nights lodging but if I were driving, it sounds like it would be in my budget.

We have never paid that much for cruise and park. In the past in spring we've paid $169. Some special event may be happening during your dates??

We are excited to find that we may be able to also pay$189 for our stay in April. We are Hilton members and hope it works out for us.

I wouldn't pay $300+ to stay there!

riffatsea....I agree and won't be paying that much either. I did book the Residence Inn that is right next door for $181 the night of November 2. Even this is pretty high for me but I like the location and should give us some fun things to do the day we arrive. I want to hop on the "passport" bus and ride around downtown Long Beach and stop off near the aquarium. Do you have any experience with this hotel and its location? The other place I have my eye on is a newer Hampton Inn by the airport but I think there won't be as much to do within walking distance but it is priced at $145. We will be getting into LAX about noon and taking Super Shuttle down to Long Beach so we will have all afternoon and evening to explore. Next day, SPLENDOR! One other question, I was told by the front desk at the Residence Inn that we could just walk to the port(they do no have a shuttle). Has anyone done this? Is it that close?

Hi Griff61,

I emailed her a few days ago but have not received a response yet. How long should I expect to wait to hear from Jessica? It's crazy that I was quoted $354 for November 2, 2018 when I called the property direct(the rate without parking).

She got back to me in a day but it's now summer so she might be on holidays. I would give a call and just ask if she is working or not. I have also talked to her by phone. She is very accommodating.

good luck