Fastpitchdad - questions for a local

Fastpitchdad: Hope you don't mind a few questions for a local....

You brought to my attention that my light rail plan was a bust. ;p HaHa! Does this sound ok? From our hotel at the airport.....go to Westlake & take monorail to the space needle. How do I get from the Space Needle to the Market? If I do take the rail to Pioneer Square, how far is the walk to the market? Walk isn't a big deal, more worried about asthma.

I wanted to have dinner at Sky City but it is still closed, so made reservations for dinner at Terrazzo Carmine at Pioneer Square. Will that be ok? A little concerned with what I'm reading about Pioneer Square. We'll eat seafood at the Market for lunch. We're from the midwest, so don't want a steakhouse. (Have our own beef!) Is it good Italian? I'm not opposed to Olive Garden.

After dinner, should we just take the rail from Pioneer Square back to Westlake? Is that the easiest? Safe?

While at the stop for the Space Needle, we'll check it out but also the Chulilly musuem. Saw some of his things at the Atlantis in the Bahamas & thought they were beautiful. Then I want an Uber to see Meredith Grey's house from Grey's Anatomy.(Don't judge :)) It's at 303 Comstock. How far is that from Katy park? Is that worth a stop or is it just a park? I can just get another Uber to take us back to the Needle....or should I just have them take us to the market? Might eliminate some of my transportation issues.

Thank you so much for your input !

I'm going to jump in here as another local; fastpitchdad can add (or correct me) when he comes along.

The Westlake station (bus and light rail) is three blocks from the Pike Place market, so if you want to ride the monorail to Seattle Center to see the Space Needle or the Chihuly exhibit, just ride it back to Westlake and walk to the market.

The Pioneer Square light rail station isn't really at Pioneer Square - it's a block or two away and many people feel that the presence of a fair number of street people in the area is off-putting. (Doesn't bother me or most other locals, but maybe we're just used to it.) However the Pioneer Square light rail station is farther from Pike Place than the Westlake station, plus it's an uphill walk to the market along busy city streets.

If you're after good Italian food, I have two recommendations that might be more convenient. The first is the Pink Door, located right in the Pike Place market. The Pink Door has respectable Italian food, but the big draw is the restaurant's outdoor deck with views over the market and out to the harbor. It's very nice. https://www.thepinkdoor.net/

Second, and food-wise in the same class as Terrazzo Carmine (i.e. pretty pricey) is Assaggio. Assaggio is around a block or two from the Westlake light rail station, and it actually gets my vote for best Italian place downtown. (Others might disagree of course.) https://www.assaggioseattle.com/ This would be far more convenient given your plans.

I assume you mean Kerry Park, not Katy. It's around a block from the "Meredith" house. Kerry Park offers the iconic "Fraser" view of Seattle -

KerryHD0110.jpg

Here's a map showing the locations of these various places. Ignore the walking/driving instructions; the map is just to show where things are relative to each other. https://goo.gl/maps/ULPjkjrUEE52

I would agree with Gardyloo that, unless you have a tour or a destination in mind, you could probably skip Pioneer Square and eat closer to the market...I also like the Pink Door. I would also suggest on your way back to the light rail at Westlake after dinner that you stop by the Dahlia Lounge for desert. It is great for a uniquely Seattle restaurant (owned by arguably our most famous chef) but they are usually heavy on Seafood which you said you would have for lunch.

Maybe switch up the order of your sites a little so you end up at the market in the afternoon and then hang out until dinner? You could start with the Grey house (btw the Kiro 7 across from the Space Needle is the hospital) then Chihuly/Seattle Center have lunch around there and then make your way to the market via Monorail back to Westlake...or walk. It is about a mile and kind of nice if you head down to the waterfront.

If you do end up in Pioneer Square for dinner you would just take the light rail from there back to the airport.

Planning on visiting the Chihuly Museum and market after returning from a Celebrity Cruise and before heading to the airport. Which is more convenient to visit first and which is more convenient for a Light Rail stop heading to the airport?

Planning on visiting the Chihuly Museum and market after returning from a Celebrity Cruise and before heading to the airport. Which is more convenient to visit first and which is more convenient for a Light Rail stop heading to the airport?

Do you know if you are at pier 66 or pier 91?

Just a small correction to Fastpitchdad Grey’s hospital entrance. It’s actually Fisher Plaza, ABC Komo 4...don’t want you to miss it, if it’s something you want to see. They also use the helipad at Fisher Plaza for their helicopter landing shots.

Just a small correction to Fastpitchdad Grey’s hospital entrance. It’s actually Fisher Plaza, ABC Komo 4...don’t want you to miss it, if it’s something you want to see. They also use the helipad at Fisher Plaza for their helicopter landing shots.

Oops...right location though :):)

Edited by fastpitchdad

Berthing at Pier 91 and then later in the day planning on taking the light rail to the airport, Easier to go to Seattle center area or Pikes Market first?

Honestly, there is not a lot of difference.

The quickest way to go is Uber/Lyft to Seattle Center, Uber to the Market, Uber to Westlake light rail stop (this is what I would probably do...they are short Uber/Lyft rides).

The cheapest way to go is Uber to Seattle Center, Monorail to Westlake and walk down to the market, and then walk back up to the Westlake light rail.

You could also Uber to the market, Uber to Seattle Center, and then monorail to Westlake to switch to the light rail.

A friend recommended the Chihuly Bridge of Glass in Tacoma. The address is 1801 Dock St, Tacoma. If we're taking the monorail or light rail to the Space Needle area, is there a stop near the bridge ?

Tacoma is 35 miles south of Seattle and 20 miles or so south of the airport. It's a separate outing on its own.

A friend recommended the Chihuly Bridge of Glass in Tacoma. The address is 1801 Dock St, Tacoma. If we're taking the monorail or light rail to the Space Needle area, is there a stop near the bridge ?

Not this year. Although we have been paying taxes to Sound Transit since 1996 the light rail will be extended to Tacoma in 2030 :( That assumes they get it done on schedule which they have not yet achieved for any part of their project.

Kind of a sore point around here! Seattle does not share well with its neighbors.