Anyone close to retirement? / when do you start counting the days?

Look2Sea

My days left till retirement is 232 days. Maybe I should start counting days in the office.

I like this method!

I have 115 total days till I retire, but just 34 workdays!! But what is a little nerve wracking is that there are only 8 more paychecks....:o

But, I'm happy!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I started another school year and got my 35 years award(I actually have 2 1/2 years part time teaching but that does not count). Still not sure when I will retire but I definitely will not go past next school year. I have a small class and they are nice and hard working.

By the way, the teacher that stayed to longest at my school was 31 years which I wanted to reach and will because this is my 31 st year. But a teacher who came in a year before me right out of college is starting her 32 year. So I will never match her because she is 11 years younger than me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Six years ago today I retired.

We got rid of everything home, autos, etc… no storage. I retired on Halloween 2012 left MN that day left the USA Jan. 3, 2013. Been traveling the world renting vacation/holiday homes.

Upcoming Itinerary - June 21, 2018 to March 1, 2021

http://www.worldwidewaftage.com/2018/06/our-new-itinerarywith-few-gapsin-time.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tomworldwidewaftage said:

Six years ago today I retired.

We got rid of everything home, autos, etc… no storage. I retired on Halloween 2012 left MN that day left the USA Jan. 3, 2013. Been traveling the world renting vacation/holiday homes.

Upcoming Itinerary - June 21, 2018 to March 1, 2021

http://www.worldwidewaftage.com/2018/06/our-new-itinerarywith-few-gapsin-time.html

Congratulations and well done!  How do you handle mail?  Do you use a mail forwarding service?

15 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Congratulations and well done!  How do you handle mail?  Do you use a mail forwarding service?

Yes we use Mail Link Plus in Las Vegas NV https://www.maillinkplus.com/

We've used them since 2012 and are very satisfied with them and never have any problem with them.

They don't show as a PO box.

We use their address and our # which seems like an apartment or condo #, and have never had any trouble with mailing or shipping something there when we order something.

Just now, tomworldwidewaftage said:

Yes we use Mail Link Plus in Las Vegas NV https://www.maillinkplus.com/

We've used them since 2012 and are very satisfied with them and never have any problem with them.

They don't show as a PO box.

We use their address and our # which seems like an apartment or condo #, and have never had any trouble with mailing or shipping something there when we order something.

I should said we use their address for everything such as IRS tax forms etc.

The only things we don't use them for is our drivers license & absentee ballots because NV required a physical address for DL and voting absentee ballots.

NV allowed us to renew our DL online for the next 4 years(one time) So we didn't have return to get a new DL & photo.

We did our DL in 2012 then online renewal in 2016.

We will return to do our DL in 2020 new photo eye test.

For our DL & absentee ballots we use our son's address who lives in NV

I retired in July of 2017. It took me a while to get rid of the feeling that I should be somewhere working instead of doing whatever I want. We've taken two really long road trip vacations. I'm looking into cruises for 2020. Next year we're doing some remodeling and I don't have a good timeline for that, so we'll just do something when it's done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 9:42 AM, testerlady said:

I retired in July of 2017. It took me a while to get rid of the feeling that I should be somewhere working instead of doing whatever I want. We've taken two really long road trip vacations. I'm looking into cruises for 2020. Next year we're doing some remodeling and I don't have a good timeline for that, so we'll just do something when it's done.

I just retired as of September 1st. I keep thinking there's a chart I should be filling out. I also can't come to grips with being able to stay up as late as I want...keep thinking I have to go to bed so I can get up at 6AM!  Thursday is our first cruise where my DH and I are both retired. I hope its still fun!!!

22 hours ago, boopsahoy said:

Thursday is our first cruise where my DH and I are both retired. I hope its still fun!!!

I'm sure it will be just as fun, if not more fun! DW and my first cruise after we were both retired (last October) was awesome! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Can't believe I'm down to 6 weeks (13 work days) till retirement on January 2!  It's a little scary to realize that the paychecks will end, but more time to travel and spend with family is exciting. 

tomworldwidewaftage: love your blog entry, especially the zebra pictures!      🦓   Looks like you're living the dream!!  Enjoy. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Can't believe I'm down to 6 weeks (13 work days) till retirement on January 2!  It's a little scary to realize that the paychecks will end, but more time to travel and spend with family is exciting. 

Yes, the paychecks stopped coming twice a month, but the pension cheques started at the end of the next month. Life is grand being retired. Been retired almost 6 years now and no regrets, best decision I ever made.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:08 PM, Heidi13 said:

Yes, the paychecks stopped coming twice a month, but the pension cheques started at the end of the next month. 

Unfortunately I don't have a pension.  :classic_sad:

Paychecks end in January....Social Security doesn't start until August! Until then I'll have to live off savings!  😮  

That's why it's a little scary.