Roll call Zenith, March 30, 2019, Canary Islands, Madeira & Agadir

ISLABONITA

Looks like this is a go for us. Looking forward to this cruise as it will be a special meeting of my 4th generation cousin in Tenerife.

First time on Pullmantur and will be in a JS without a balcony as I previously had booked it was much too far to the front.

Hoping to meet more English speaking cruisers ( for my husband) as I speak Spanish.

We will be staying in Las Palmas a couple of days after the cruise.

Anyone interested in joining any private tours ? I will be posting some tours as I usually like to organize those directly with the vendors.

ili & bob

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hola, I've been on Pullmatur 4 times now and love it.  Just got back from Malaga to Dubai.  Would love to join private tours you may have in mind.  I'm bilingual English/Spanish with some Italian and French, so languages are not an issue.  So far I'm traveling solo but it may change later on.  Please keep me in the loop. Feliz An~o Nuevo.   Victor from California

• 1 month later...

Hey Victor, I went ahead and set up some tours on my own using shoreexcursionsgroup for Madeira

Lanzarote  ship tour

Tenerife booked with viator Shore Excursion in Tenerife by Land and Sea

Gran Canaria ship tour

Nothing booked yet for La Palma

Not going to Agadir

Lanzarote South tour.. group tour if interested 39 Euro once we get at least 8 paid passengers- contact me if interested   April 5th

madreblair at a o l dot com.

Price: 39€ per person

Important information:

·         Start of the tour: half an hour after the arrival of the cruise 

·         Meeting point with the guide: Police control 

·         Shore Excursion Duration: 5 Hours 

·         Food/Beverage Provided Not Included 

• Excursion Type: Private
  • Duration: 5 hours
  • Price: 360.00 €
  • Maximum 8 people per tour

Places to visit

• Timanfaya
  • Islote de Hilario
  • El Golfo
  • Los Hervideros
  • La Geria

https://www.lanzaroteexperiencetours.com/en/cruise/pullmantur/zenith/31032019-318/

Delight in this Lanzarote south tour featuring the volcanic landscape of Timanfaya National Park among other highlights like the volcano El Golfo with the green lagoon, Hervideros Cliffs and La Geria wine region.

You'll reach Timanfaya National Park which is a near Martian-like setting with rare plants that have adapted to the area's high temperatures. Witness a few geothermal experiments revealing temperatures between 700 and 1100 degrees Fahrenheit, just a few feet below the surface! 

Moving along, encounter the stunning volcanoe El Golfo where the microscopic algae causes the waters in the lagoon to appear almost fluorescent green.

Upon driving along the lava coast of Los Hervideros, you'll reach the protected landscape of La Geria. These vineyards have been cultivated by the Lanzarote farmers for nearly three centuries. The opportunity to taste their Volcanic Malvasia should not be missed, as it is produced by the most prestigious winery in the Canary Islands.

Reserve this volcanic excursion today for an incredible excursion in Lanzarote.

Important information:

• Start of the tour: half an hour after the arrival of the cruise 
  • Meeting point with the guide: Police control 
  • Point to take the transport: The transport will be in the external parking, past the police control (walk of approx 10 minutes from the boat, depending on where the cruise docks, all the details will be provided with the confirmation of the excursion)
  • Shore Excursion Type: Cultural, Active, Scenic 
  • Activity Level: Moderate 
  • Shore Excursion Duration: 5 Hours 
  • Food/Beverage Provided Not Included 
  • Recommended Dress We recommend wearing comfortable weather-appropriate clothing, cap, sunglasses, walking shoes and sunscreen. 
  • Restrictions Guests must be capable of walking short distances and be able to get in and out of public transport as well as walk up and down steps and uneven terrain. This tour is not handicap accessible.

We visit:

• The Timanfaya National Park, the Islet of Hilario where we make the geothermal and the Route of the Volcanoes
  • Panoramic view of the lava coast and Janubio salt pans
  • Photo stop at the volcano El Golfo to enjoy the view of the Green Lagoon
  • Photo stop at the impressive cliffs Hervideros
  • Stop at the wine district of La Geria to taste the Malvasia wine

Included in the price:

• Air-conditioned transport and free WIFI
  • Local Guide Service
  • Entrace fee to the National Park of Timanfaya
  • Insurance.

It is not included:

• Camel ride is optional and costs 6 Euro per person.
  • Lunch  

Reasons to book with us:

• High Quality, Small groups 
  • Lower Prices than Cruise Lines  
  • We do not mix local tourists with cruise passengers 
  • Guaranteed Return to Ship 
  • Full refund if your ship doesn't port for any reason 
  • None comercial stops 
  • We avoid the queues
Edited by ISLABONITA

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, worldtraveler907 said:

This cruise was in March 2019; it was great. The Zenith is being removed from service in 2020. Google-it for details; no replacement was mentioned in the article. Hope this helps. 

Hi Victor, as you recall I was booked on it but the morning or the day we were planning to get to Miami for our flight to Madrid my husband had a stroke.  He recovered 100% after receiving TPA and having surgery to remove the clot. A blessing in disguise as it would have been much worse had we been on the plane.

Then I booked a similar cruise without Agadir as they had removed it from the itinerary for Feb 2020.

On Friday I received an email from my TA about their cancelation of most of the Zenith sails into April of 2020 and some being taken over by Horizon.

We are now booked for this November , come hell or high water we will be on this cruise!  God willing.

Glad to hear you  had a good cruise.

ib

Edited by ISLABONITA

1 hour ago, dog said:

Is this cruise still on?   I've been trying to find out about the Zenith spring 2020 cruises and none are showing up .

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to you to share important information regarding the departures scheduled for the upcoming 2020 season.

Due to operational reasons, we are forced to cancel the following departures operated by the Zenith:

Itinerary Cancelled departures 2020

Canary Islands and Madeira
January: 4,5,11,12,18,19,25,26
February: 1,2,8,9,15,16

From Canarias to the Mediterranean
February: 22,23

Getaway to Morocco
February: 27
March: 29

Discover Morocco, Porto and Lisboa
March: 1,15

Essences of Italy
March: 8,22

Getaway to Malaga and Lisbon
April: 1

Baltic Capitals
May: 2,9

Fjords and Capitals of the Baltic Sea
May: 9

From the Atlantic Coast to the Mediterranean
September: 13,14

Secret places of the Mediterranean
September: 20,27
October: 4,18,25
November: 1

Getaway cruise to Mallorca and France
October: 11

Getaway to the South of France
October: 15

We deeply regret any inconvenience caused by this change in the program included in our current brochure.

4 minutes ago, ISLABONITA said:

Panama one?  Listed on their site for April10th, on the Monarch

https://www.pullmantur.travel/crucero/-/todo-incluido/abril

No,

the Zenith cruise to Canary Islands from Lisbon on April 10/20

and the Zenith cruise to Morocco from Lisbon on April 17/20

are both cancelled. I just spoke with my TA  to confirm these cancellations.

She had information that one of the other ships was going into drydock and the Zenith would be replacing it.

On 7/4/2019 at 4:02 PM, ISLABONITA said:

Hi Victor, as you recall I was booked on it but the morning or the day we were planning to get to Miami for our flight to Madrid my husband had a stroke.  He recovered 100% after receiving TPA and having surgery to remove the clot. A blessing in disguise as it would have been much worse had we been on the plane.

Then I booked a similar cruise without Agadir as they had removed it from the itinerary for Feb 2020.

On Friday I received an email from my TA about their cancelation of most of the Zenith sails into April of 2020 and some being taken over by Horizon.

We are now booked for this November , come hell or high water we will be on this cruise!  God willing.

Glad to hear you  had a good cruise.

ib

HI IB, I do hope your husband is better.  The Canary Islands and subsequent repo to Lisbon was very good.  Unfortunately there were way too many kids onboard.  We are actually doing the Nov.2020 Horizon Trieste to Athens with b2b Athens to Israel and back. Looking forward to being on the Horizon once again after doing the b2b Malaga to Atherns and on to Dubai last November. Stay well!