Anything Québec (Quebec) City....

Jolie_Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey Lenny....tell us what to do at Chateau Frontenac!! Any other suggestions for Quebec will be appreciated!

What to do at the Château Frontenac?? It’s a hotel, albeit a posh historic one. I suppose you could dine in one of its restaurants or have a drink in one of its bars. I understand there are guided tours of the hotel as well. There are so many good restaurants and bars in Québec that I don’t think that the Château is an essential part of a visit.

Simply stroll around the historic old city, within the walls of the Lower and Upper Town. Take a ride in a calèche (horse-drawn carriage). Visit La Citadelle and watch the Changing of the Guard by Le Royal 22e Régiment. Take in one of the museums. There are lots of further suggestions here:

https://www.quebecregion.com/en/

Enjoy this wonderful city.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our cruise arrives in Quebec City on a Sunday. I was wondering if Basilica Notre Dame de Quebec, or Notre Dame des Victoires are walkable from the ship (hoping that we are docked at pier 21 or 22). Can you tell me approx. how far the churches are from the dock? I would like to attend one of the morning masses at the Basilica if possible. Thank you for any insight on this.

Our cruise arrives in Quebec City on a Sunday. I was wondering if Basilica Notre Dame de Quebec, or Notre Dame des Victoires are walkable from the ship (hoping that we are docked at pier 21 or 22). Can you tell me approx. how far the churches are from the dock? I would like to attend one of the morning masses at the Basilica if possible. Thank you for any insight on this.

I do not live in Québec City but here is what I found according to the search I did on Google map. The Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Church is in Lower Town, a 7 minutes walk from the Main Terminal. The Basilique Notre-Dame is in Upper Town, a 12 minutes walk away via the Funiculaire (elevator to get to Upper Town).

I do not live in Québec City but here is what I found according to the search I did on Google map. The Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Church is in Lower Town, a 7 minutes walk from the Main Terminal. The Basilique Notre-Dame is in Upper Town, a 12 minutes walk away via the Funiculaire (elevator to get to Upper Town).

Thank you so much for your reply!

• 2 weeks later...

On the dock for the Royal, ship arrives on the 25th, off loads those passengers 26th, then leaves 27th. With three days, passengers off and on, Royal should have the primary location plus doesn't look like there is another ship arriving the 25th.

On the http://www.restaurantlecontinental.com/en/home.html, great suggestion, awesome restaurant! I'm staying at the hotel in Oct., and I do splurge and have a meal there, excellent.

Edited by susancruzs

Any suggestions for local tours- getting off the ship Oct 19th and staying overnight

Thanks,

Ilene

I've just booked some tours for Quebec with tours voir quebec. Will be in Quebec in September so I can't give a review on the tours, but they have great reviews on tripadvisor.

I would love to do a walking tour with a great local guide. Does anyone have someone that they really thought was great?

I was wondering about this question as well - any recommendations out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any suggestions for a couple who are somewhat mobility-impaired. We can walk, even over cobblestones, but it's going to be slow-going and hills might be a problem.

We've both been to Quebec City in the past, but I at least don't know Lower Town all that well, and it's been decades since we were there. I've stayed in the Chateau Frontenac, been to the Plains of Abraham (every good Canadian has to do this.) We're in just for the day, late September. Do HoHo buses run at that time of year? Would that be a viable way to navigate a bit around the city? Is there a stop near some of the quays? (Of course, I don't know which one we'll be docked at--Seabourn.)

Thanks in advance.

We're also there until 11 p.m. so possibly we could do a meal (although when you've paid luxury prices, it's tough.) I love Quebecois food, it's so great, but leery of tourist traps in this very touristy city. Any recommendations?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just found out that the Grand Prix Cycling will be taking place on the day we disembark from NCL Gem in September. From the map, it looks to me that the race is right in the heart of the city. Has anyone by chance had any experience with this race? I'm just wondering if this will cause issues attempting to get to our hotel. I think I'll book a tour to Montmorency Falls and Island of Orléans for the day. Hopefully it's a very early race start!

2 hours ago, 3dogmom said:

Just found out that the Grand Prix Cycling will be taking place on the day we disembark from NCL Gem in September. From the map, it looks to me that the race is right in the heart of the city. Has anyone by chance had any experience with this race? I'm just wondering if this will cause issues attempting to get to our hotel. I think I'll book a tour to Montmorency Falls and Island of Orléans for the day. Hopefully it's a very early race start!

It all depends on where your hotel is. Have you reserved yet? I was looking at the route for last year's race; they turn up Cote de la Montagne, which is just before the cruise port area, so you should be good to leave the ship - and the tour of Ile d'Orleans is an excellent idea, it's away from the race.