Boston Port to Fanuiel Hall

mag19

What is the best way to visit Fanuiel Hall from the port where RCI Anthem docks.?

If not too far willing to walk if possible. Thanks!

It's about 2 miles walking.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Faneuil+Hall+Marketplace,+4+S+Market+St,+Boston,+MA+02109/Black+Falcon+Ave,+Boston,+MA+02210/@42.3483324,-71.0429246,15z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m2!1m1!1s0x89e370866bb028a7:0xc2f8ab58860405!1m2!1m1!1s0x89e37a9e9449b31d:0x745a7cc095fc4f1a!3e2?hl=en-us&gl=us

You can also take the Silver Line to South Station and walk or you can do the Silver Line, Red Line and Orange or Green Line to get even closer. More details can be privided

We got a cab to Bunker Hill for $18, so I would guess to Fanueil Hall it would be less than $15. We walked the Freedom Trail all the way back and then walked back to the ship. From memory, it would take a good 45-60 mins to walk from the ship to the Hall.

Simon

Has anyone used the old town trolly? I see there is a stop near the dock. If so how long of a wait before next bus? Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

The Old Town Trolley stop near the pier is a connector Trolley stop that is used when cruise ships are in port. That means that you can get on the Trolley there and they will take you to Stop 1 to transfer to a main loop Trolley. I'd call Old Town Trolley to find out how often the connector Trolley runs on a cruise ship day.

I second the suggestion from 138east. Five of us were in Boston via cruiseship two weeks ago. We took the Silverline bus (stop located very close to ship) which went underground to South Station then took the Red line which is located within South Station, getting off at Boston Commons where we walked to Fanuiel Hall. We had no problem at all, and my husband and I are in our seventies (and can be easily confused by complicated public transport). Even better, the Visitor Center is at the Commons so we got a great map which was most helpful for other sights in the area. Later, back on the ship, we heard Boston traffic was horrible and cab fares reflected all the delay.