re meat pies

I think things that taste the best are the unhealthiest,ie scotch pie made with lard and fatty mutton,lol.Hey,Uncle Les,no need to be formal,you can knock the 1 off.Did you get to Canvey this time?Cheers,Brian.

I think things that taste the best are the unhealthiest,ie scotch pie made with lard and fatty mutton,lol.Hey,Uncle Les,no need to be formal,you can knock the 1 off.Did you get to Canvey this time?Cheers,Brian.

Thanks Brian, no Canvey Island this time, too glitzy for me, reminds me of Vegas. No Greggs on Canvey, the area is just too posh, they warrant a Harrods or Fortnum and Mason. Just a quck visit to Sarfend on Mud to see a relo. Southend on Sea was packed with you mob on holidays.;p A13 and A12 were worse than M25.:evilsmile:

Thanks Brian, no Canvey Island this time, too glitzy for me, reminds me of Vegas. No Greggs on Canvey, the area is just too posh, they warrant a Harrods or Fortnum and Mason. Just a quck visit to Sarfend on Mud to see a relo. Southend on Sea was packed with you mob on holidays.;p A13 and A12 were worse than M25.:evilsmile:
You're on a wind up,are we talking about the same place.Had a Greggs sausage roll in the high st,last year.Cheers,Brian.

You're on a wind up,are we talking about the same place.Had a Greggs sausage roll in the high st,last year.Cheers,Brian.

Greggs on Canvey Island? missed that one, young Brian. :loudcry::o

OK Kiwis, come forth with your meat pies. Lamb pie perhaps? Had that on Air NZ, some years ago.:')

I would love to try a Kiwi pie, or stew.

BTW, are we the only nation that eats the animals on their coat of arms or one of the national fauna?

We're not the only country that chooses to savour their national animal – in fact we're one of many.

• Here are eight countries that eat their own emblem.
  • Australia – Kangaroo and Emu
  • Denmark – Swan.
  • Finland – Brown Bear.
  • Saudi Arabia – Camel.
  • Sweden – Elk.
  • Spain- Bull.
  • Japan – Carp.

We're not the only country that chooses to savour their national animal – in fact we're one of many.

• Here are eight countries that eat their own emblem.
  • Australia – Kangaroo and Emu
  • Denmark – Swan.
  • Finland – Brown Bear.
  • Saudi Arabia – Camel.
  • Sweden – Elk.
  • Spain- Bull.
  • Japan – Carp.

Monaco - European rabbit.

Monaco - European rabbit.

Actually I am cooking a Rabbit stew in ye olde slow cooker right now. Rabbits were immigrated from UK, back then. Local butcher sells them filleted, rabbit, spuds, onion, carrot, stock, slow cook for 8 hours, lubbly jubbly.;p

Had a mate who ran a pub bistro, put on Aussie Emblem as a mixed grill, crocodile, emu and kangaroo.

Actually I am cooking a Rabbit stew in ye olde slow cooker right now. Rabbits were immigrated from UK, back then. Local butcher sells them filleted, rabbit, spuds, onion, carrot, stock, slow cook for 8 hours, lubbly jubbly.;p

Had a mate who ran a pub bistro, put on Aussie Emblem as a mixed grill, crocodile, emu and kangaroo.

Did they have to pay 10 quid as well?

Got to Brisbane airport yesterday, had some time till my flight to Melbourne so proceeded to the Food Court. Surprise one was the Pie Shop was National the Tassie firm, surprise two was the price of $13.25 for a Pie and a Snag Roll OUCH. Never left a crumb..

Got to Brisbane airport yesterday, had some time till my flight to Melbourne so proceeded to the Food Court. Surprise one was the Pie Shop was National the Tassie firm, surprise two was the price of $13.25 for a Pie and a Snag Roll OUCH. Never left a crumb..

A bit pricey for a National pie, but that's the airport for ye. Sachet of Sauce extra I suppose? Paper serviette complimentary? Anyway I am sure you enjoyed those culinary treats.:hearteyes:

airports have to make money somehow after all it cant all be from the parking.

A bit pricey for a National pie, but that's the airport for ye. Sachet of Sauce extra I suppose? Paper serviette complimentary? Anyway I am sure you enjoyed those culinary treats.:hearteyes:

Spot on Uncle Les, just a bit lighter in the pocket for the experience.I see you went to Duxford, awesome place the B52 on show there is worth the ticket price.Hope you didn't go near the A13 in Essex, it's patrolled by a Mafia affiliated plumber I believe.clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Spot on Uncle Les, just a bit lighter in the pocket for the experience.I see you went to Duxford, awesome place the B52 on show there is worth the ticket price.Hope you didn't go near the A13 in Essex, it's patrolled by a Mafia affiliated plumber I believe.clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

Yes, Duxford was brilliant both the static aircraft and the army displays. There were planes flying everywhere, Hurricanes etc. Spent all day there, 10am to 5pm. We were staying at Holiday Inn, Huntingdon Racecourse for the week, only half hour from Duxford.:hearteyes:

Did traverse ye olde A13, stayed clear of the white van men, in my Audi A1 rental motor.:halo: