How are the Swans doing 2018?

Yes, sorry, they will most likely finish the round in 8th.

To be honest that'll do me right now. We're off the pace at the moment and not likely to cause too much damage in finals unless we can effect a MASSIVE turnaround in form and get a couple of guys back from injury (Grundy, Melican and Hannebery would be useful).

IMO it's Richmond and then daylight at the moment. They got a scare on Friday night, but unfortunately that will just make them cautious.

To be honest that'll do me right now. We're off the pace at the moment and not likely to cause too much damage in finals unless we can effect a MASSIVE turnaround in form and get a couple of guys back from injury (Grundy, Melican and Hannebery would be useful).

IMO it's Richmond and then daylight at the moment. They got a scare on Friday night, but unfortunately that will just make them cautious.

Yeah, Richmond are well and truly the front runners.

Just finished watching Port and Eagles - what a finish! A kick after the siren to see the Eagles sin by 4 points.

A good win to the Bombers last night by 43 points over the Saints after having 4 injured players on the bench for the whole last quarter, the 18 on the field were exhausted without any rotations.

Hawthorn beat the Cats by 11 points after dominating most of the game and Richmond were much too strong for the Suns with a 74 point win.

Off to watch the Dees and Swans tomorrow with the Demon part of the family.

Leigh

Just finished watching Port and Eagles - what a finish! A kick after the siren to see the Eagles sin by 4 points.

A good win to the Bombers last night by 43 points over the Saints after having 4 injured players on the bench for the whole last quarter, the 18 on the field were exhausted without any rotations.

Hawthorn beat the Cats by 11 points after dominating most of the game and Richmond were much too strong for the Suns with a 74 point win.

Off to watch the Dees and Swans tomorrow with the Demon part of the family.

Leigh

The Eagles win repeats the qualifying final from last year. Knocking off Port in Adelaide with a goal after the siren. Hooray.

Sydney currently sitting in 8th. Tomorrow’s games again so important.

Swans 87 (13.9) beat the Demons 78 (10.18) at full time, 6th on the ladder. They did enough to get through although that last quarter was not great just like their first quarter. Luckily the two middle quarters, they scored (12.5) and the demons couldn't kick accurately.

Ow my heart. A big crowd (almost 40,000) at the SCG and a huge atmosphere. I lost my voice at the final siren.

What a game and a massive effort from a team which has had to drag itself off the canvas. A big big day too for Alex Johnson, playing his first senior game since the 2012 grand final, and after 5 knee reconstructions.

he sadly has now done the good knee which happens bad knee gets better then one that has been doing all the work till that happens goes Maz Bailey copped that too sadly so i hope this guy can pull through and get back up again

he sadly has now done the good knee which happens bad knee gets better then one that has been doing all the work till that happens goes Maz Bailey copped that too sadly so i hope this guy can pull through and get back up again

Just 47 games in 9 years is not a great track record. Such a shame for him.

A very good win to Sydney yesterday. I was at the game with my DH, DS and GD who all support the Dees. It was a special game as it was the Pink Ladies day, supporting breast cancer. Thousands of people dressed in pink were on the ground before the game and formed the shape of a female.

We were so sorry to see Alex Johnson injure his knee again. How disappointing for him and the Swans.

It is going to be an interesting two weeks before the finals.

Leigh

Just 47 games in 9 years is not a great track record. Such a shame for him.

He did not play an AFL level game for 2136 days after the 2012 Grand Final.

During that time he had 5 knee reconstructions and various other procedures.

This was his second game back, and he has done his “good” knee.

Says so much for his perseverance, and so much for te capriciousness of sporting injuries.

He did not play an AFL level game for 2136 days after the 2012 Grand Final.

During that time he had 5 knee reconstructions and various other procedures.

This was his second game back, and he has done his “good” knee.

Says so much for his perseverance, and so much for te capriciousness of sporting injuries.

Amazing perseverance and courage to keep his dream of continuing to play AFL going. Great admiration for this young man. He must be devastated at the moment. Alex received a great response from the crowd as he left the ground as I think we were all so disappointed for him.

Leigh

Shame about your families' Dees not having a win but at least your bombers did.

Thanks Mic, the Dees had plenty of chances to win but bad kicking is bad football. They could easily miss out on the finals as they play Eagles next week and Giants the following. Bombers have to beat Tigers, unlikely but you never know and then Port in the last round and rely on other teams to get in.

Exciting couple of weeks coming up.

Leigh

Tough gutsy win for the Swans after losing AJ and Smooch early. We were basically 2 down before halftime. A really sad day for AJ, a really rough situation. You'd just about think that will mean the end of his career. Some bodies just weren't meant to handle the rigours of senior AFL footy.

What a stunning last quarter effort to withstand a fast finishing Melbourne. We'd run out of legs by that stage and were just hanging on for dear life. A superb quarter from Isaac Heeney, he just about won the game for us with his defensive efforts - including maybe mark of the year.

Just checked the standings and saw the Swans moved up to 6th, so I cam here to see what you were all saying. Going to be a real nail-biter to the end. Sorry to read about the injury to AJ, it's always sad to think of how athletes may lose a career. I hope he can come back.

Go Swans!

ML

Tough gutsy win for the Swans after losing AJ and Smooch early. We were basically 2 down before halftime. A really sad day for AJ, a really rough situation. You'd just about think that will mean the end of his career. Some bodies just weren't meant to handle the rigours of senior AFL footy.

What a stunning last quarter effort to withstand a fast finishing Melbourne. We'd run out of legs by that stage and were just hanging on for dear life. A superb quarter from Isaac Heeney, he just about won the game for us with his defensive efforts - including maybe mark of the year.

That was a top mark and his efforts in that last quarter was sensational.

Just checked the standings and saw the Swans moved up to 6th, so I cam here to see what you were all saying. Going to be a real nail-biter to the end. Sorry to read about the injury to AJ, it's always sad to think of how athletes may lose a career. I hope he can come back.

Go Swans!

ML

Tragically, after 6 knee reconstructions, I think AJ should call it quits.