Indian visas for Aussies?

Hi all,

We are currently in Europe and have booked a cruise from Dubai to Singapore that stops in Mumbai, Mangalore and Cochin in India. Has anyone used the evisa service for these ports?

We have been to all these places before so would be happy to stay on the ship but it says on our cruise instructions we will be denied boarding without a visa.

Thanks

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Hello,

We were told the same a couple of years ago by Princess, yet they allowed people to board without Indian visas, much to the annoyance of other cruisers, and we only visited one port. However, I would not be prepared to risk not having the visa and being denied boarding

I think if you read the conditions, e visas are only available if arriving by plane.

Good luck.

Pam

On our last visit to India in 2016, the e-visas were not applicable. We had to have a full tourist visa. However, I have read that India has changed its rules and from last November, passengers on cruise ships only need an e-visa. I suggest you check this out. If you apply on line, beware the private agencies that charge a high fee in addition to the government charge.

Thanks guys, smart traveller took me to the official evisa page, which outlines that sea entries into 5 ports are included (all of ours are on that list). The cost is $80usd. I doubt we will get off but will apply for the visa, agree would not want to be denied boarding.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums