Kettles in staterooms

I’ve heard at times radiance doesn’t have a kettle,was it a reposition Cruise.

It seems kettles are unique to Australia and UK.

Ovation does has kettles for some reason there’s no coffee and no coffee available,only tea bags.we take a coffee plunger with our favourite coffee.

So take coffee.

Ovation does has kettles for some reason there’s no coffee and no coffee available,only tea bags.we take a coffee plunger with our favourite coffee.

So take coffee.

Yes, it was a reposition cruise. I was fortunate to obtain a kettle via a medical reason. I do realise they don’t have coffee as I feel they don’t want to take sales away from the paid coffee shops, which we do use!

Just like a very early cup of coffee and my husband uses different milk, which I will take with us. Thanks all

Hi all,

Can someone who has travelled on Ovation of the Seas advise whether they have kettles in balcony staterooms for sailings out of Australia.

Thanks in advance. Cheryle

Hi Cheryle, we sailed on Ovation in February and yes, as others have stated they have kettles. We had an Inside Virtual balcony, so kettles in them too, Wish all cruise lines did it, would save on room service.

We arrived home to Port today to beautiful summer weather, the airport was so busy today!!

Hi Cheryle, we sailed on Ovation in February and yes, as others have stated they have kettles. We had an Inside Virtual balcony, so kettles in them too, Wish all cruise lines did it, would save on room service.

We arrived home to Port today to beautiful summer weather, the airport was so busy today!!

Hi,

Didn’t think you would have had time to reply. I have absolutely loved your blog on Majestic and thank you very much for letting us share your journey. Cheryle

PS Yes, our weather has been great, but need rain!

Hi,

Didn’t think you would have had time to reply. I have absolutely loved your blog on Majestic and thank you very much for letting us share your journey. Cheryle

PS Yes, our weather has been great, but need rain!

Just about asleep on the lounge:p

Send me an email at cheznandy at gmail dot com and we can meet up for a coffe or something sometime:)

Two Cheryls:')

Just about asleep on the lounge:p

Send me an email at cheznandy at gmail dot com and we can meet up for a coffe or something sometime:)

Two Cheryls:')

Will let you rest for a while. Holidays are tiring or at least getting home from them ! Cheryle

So take coffee.

It annoys me somewhat that Princess, Royal Caribbean and other ships when they are based in Asia have kettles in the cabins due to demand, eg drinking hot water and Chinese or Japanese tea. However, when they move to Australia, on most ships they remove them then try and cite 'safety concerns'.

They are still there, locked away in the hold of the ship. I'd be interested to know what medical condition you could claim to be allowed to have one.

American posters say just go upstairs/downstairs & get a coffee/tea. They don't 'get' the first thing in the morning before you are even showered/dressed need to have a hot beverage. Our only option is to ring room service, a waste of their time and ours.

It annoys me somewhat that Princess, Royal Caribbean and other ships when they are based in Asia have kettles in the cabins due to demand, eg drinking hot water and Chinese or Japanese tea. However, when they move to Australia, on most ships they remove them then try and cite 'safety concerns'.

They are still there, locked away in the hold of the ship. I'd be interested to know what medical condition you could claim to be allowed to have one.

American posters say just go upstairs/downstairs & get a coffee/tea. They don't 'get' the first thing in the morning before you are even showered/dressed need to have a hot beverage. Our only option is to ring room service, a waste of their time and ours.

Never understood how it’s safe in one region but unsafe in another.

We didn't have one on Explorer last year, but we just asked for one and the cabin steward brought one no problems. I hope we have one on our Radiance Christmas cruise, if not we will ask for one. I like my morning cup of tea.

I Note that Voyager out of Australia looks like they have kettles in the cabins (as does Ovation) does Radiance have kettles too, on Australian departure cruises these days?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Twice on Radiance we have not had a kettle in a balcony stateroom. This included the transpacific this year. Glad we will have one on Ovation.

Twice on Radiance we have not had a kettle in a balcony stateroom. This included the transpacific this year. Glad we will have one on Ovation.

Well, we all need to continue to ask for them on Radiance - if it’s good enough for Voyager & Ovation - definitely good enough for Radiance. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Quantum and Ovation of the Seas include kettles because they are based on China and kettles were demanded there. When we sailed Quantum on her original repositioning cruise when brand new, there as no kettle set out. However I found it wrapped in a plastic bag under the bed when stowing the suitcase, so out it came!

I am amazed the cruise lines still try to tell us no kettles for "safety reasons"! Yes, you might scald yourself, but you might also trip and fall down stairs. I think people can be sensible enough not to boil a kettle if the ship is rocking and rolling through a storm (I hope).