MSC Seaside Review - Bella Perspective 8-18-18 to 8-25-18

sigmachibri

You forgot to mention that we had incredible weather that week also. [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

The weather was outstanding. We couldn't have been luckier I was gone 11 days total for my trip and it rained for 10 minutes the day we were getting on the boat and then poured on the way to the airport. Other than that it was sun shine and warm temps

Are there any restrictions to deck spaces for Bella balcony pax? Any corkage fee for wine brought on?

Someone else may be able to clarify but I didnt find any restrictions however I know certain portions of the ship at yc only. The first day we were trying to get to the kids club and took the forward elevators all the way up. When we go there it was the yc area...I believe for dining and whatever other amazing things they have. We couldn't go to the back of the ship from there and and to go all the way back down then back up once we went to the next set of elevators. I had a bunch of small kids so there easnt a lot of time exploring the ship the way we did before kids I bet someone else can comment but I have read on here before about areas for certain types of passengers only. One other time is brought to mind, when i believe we were on deck 16 walking around we found a set of glass dividers that I believe said aura passengers only beyond this point. I could be wrong about all of this but this is what I recall.

Someone else may be able to clarify but I didnt find any restrictions however I know certain portions of the ship at yc only. The first day we were trying to get to the kids club and took the forward elevators all the way up. When we go there it was the yc area...I believe for dining and whatever other amazing things they have. We couldn't go to the back of the ship from there and and to go all the way back down then back up once we went to the next set of elevators. I had a bunch of small kids so there easnt a lot of time exploring the ship the way we did before kids I bet someone else can comment but I have read on here before about areas for certain types of passengers only. One other time is brought to mind, when i believe we were on deck 16 walking around we found a set of glass dividers that I believe said aura passengers only beyond this point. I could be wrong about all of this but this is what I recall.

Than you! Good to have a Bella review. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your review! I am sailing on Seaside in December in a Bella inside with my family and my parents' friends (three Bella inside cabins). Very informative and detailed. There is not many reviews for the Bella experience. We don't drink alcohol so upgrading to any other experience would be a waste of money for us, and we prefer eating dinner early!

During our cruise in May, there were a couple of days that the movie was cancelled because of weather (rain). On the night we watched, the crew setup (2 rows of maybe 15/row) lounge chairs in front of the screen. If you need a quick bathroom/washroom break, there is a bathroom near the elevators at the aft of the ship. If you need food, the buffet at Deck 16 is less than 50 yards away. Not a lot of passengers (20 or so) were there that night although there were other passengers in Deck 16.

Thank you for the info. The 1st time we ever used an outside movie theater on a ship was when we sailled on Carnival Liberty (I think) We just stumbled upon it but we had the best time. There was a light after hours buffet set up and we got a bucket of beer and pizza from the buffet steps away and watched a Madia movie..such an unexpected good time.

Hi! Thanks for posting about your Bella experience, gives me a better picture of what to expect next May (first cruise for both me and my husband). I had a question about something you mentioned. You said that you had both buffet and sit down breakfast in your cruise. Does this mean that a sit down breakfast is always a possibility? What about lunch? And where do you go for it?

Thank you for your help, we are newbies!

Very informative indeed - could you be patient enough to say what difference there is between the two buffets ?l Also do they still have the Elegant Nights and if passengers do dress up (suits for men) ? Many thanks

The buffet on 16 was very small but it did have soft serve ice cream. The buffet on 8 did not have soft serve ice cream but was significantly larger with many more options. We at in the dining room as often as we could but found both buffets to be fairly standard cruise food I actually thought their burgers were very tasty and rather large. The pizza as I mentioned earlier is outstanding. People mentioned variety being an issue but I would not agree. There were some staples and some rotating items. I was not disappointed.

Hi! Thanks for posting about your Bella experience, gives me a better picture of what to expect next May (first cruise for both me and my husband). I had a question about something you mentioned. You said that you had both buffet and sit down breakfast in your cruise. Does this mean that a sit down breakfast is always a possibility? What about lunch? And where do you go for it?

Thank you for your help, we are newbies!

I cant recall the specifics but I believe sit down breakfast was very early on port days and only open for 1.5 hours prior to docking on those days. I dont believe sit down lunch is available on port days. On sea days both sit down was definitely open at scheduled times. I think sit down is great and fun but it does take a bit of time to complete and theres so much fun to be had that I miss by sitting waiting. Its nice to have the options to do both.

The where is the seaside restaurant on the 5th deck

I cant recall the specifics but I believe sit down breakfast was very early on port days and only open for 1.5 hours prior to docking on those days. I dont believe sit down lunch is available on port days. On sea days both sit down was definitely open at scheduled times. I think sit down is great and fun but it does take a bit of time to complete and theres so much fun to be had that I miss by sitting waiting. Its nice to have the options to do both.

The where is the seaside restaurant on the 5th deck

Thanks for you reply! I will definitely check out sit down breakfast at least once.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums