Civitavecchia - Meraviglia, realistic time off the ship?

Tapi

Hi:

We have a cruise on the Meraviglia planned for November out of Civitavecchia and we’ve just learned that our airline changed our flight home from 1:00pm to 11:30am. I’m trying to get a feel for what time one can realistically expect to be off the ship at this port. We have sailed with MSC before and were off the ship by 7:00am with self assist debarkation, but this will be our first time out or Civitavecchia with any cruise line.

Any first hand experience will be greatly appreciated! Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This isn't actually what you asked for, but a lot (all? most?) airlines allow you to change your flight with no change fees whenever they (the airline) change the schedule.

Thank you. Yes our airline offers a connection through JFK which departs an hour later, but arrives back home at 10:45pm instead of 4:30pm since we currently have a nonstop flight. I don’t want to change it unless 11:30am is going to be a no, no, but based on the info I’ve received so far, we should still be OK as long as we self disembark and have private transportation ready to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 months later...

I have a different question, but also about disembarking from Meraviglia in Civitaecchia. Our flight is not until the next day and staying the night at Hilton at FCO airport. So we have a lot of flexibility. How late will they let us stay in our room? I was thinking arranging a driver for 9:30 am to FCO and maybe go to buffet for breakfast at 8:30, return to our room for luggage and exit the ship around 9:15 or so?