musica vs fantasia

ziggyuk

I am about to book my first MSC cruise.

Can anyone advise if musica or fantasia would be the better ship, the musica would be out of and return to Buenos Aires, the fansasia be out of and return to Rio, as I will be flying from the UK I don't mind the departure port so am more interested in the better ship.

Personally, I would choose Fantasia over Musica as it's a bigger ship with more venues to choose from to spend time in.

I was kind of thinking the same but I know sometimes larger ships can cause bottlenecks at busy times like dining.

We were on Fantasia last summer and found it delightful! We were seated at a table with other English speakers. We didn't have any difficulty with bottlenecks at meals, but we did not use the buffet at all. The ice cream area was often very busy and was the only place we really waited for any length of time.

For what it is worth, we enjoyed the multicultural feel and meeting people from all over the world!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We were on Fantasia last summer and found it delightful! We were seated at a table with other English speakers. We didn't have any difficulty with bottlenecks at meals, but we did not use the buffet at all. The ice cream area was often very busy and was the only place we really waited for any length of time.

For what it is worth, we enjoyed the multicultural feel and meeting people from all over the world!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks Pete, I think you have swayed me to Fantasia from Rio, we will stay for an extra week and I think Rio will offer more than Buenos Aires for the extra week too.

Like you, I really enjoy the multicultural experience and that is something I look forward to.

Thanks Pete, I think you have swayed me to Fantasia from Rio, we will stay for an extra week and I think Rio will offer more than Buenos Aires for the extra week too.

Like you, I really enjoy the multicultural experience and that is something I look forward to.

I would suggest Fantasia too, though blind as I am still to sail her, literally days to go!

I would say both Rio & Buenos Aries will thrill you, though do not underestimate BA & the Argentinian vibe...special.

If it is Rio try TAP via Lisbon for a bargain potentially.

I would suggest Fantasia too, though blind as I am still to sail her, literally days to go!

I would say both Rio & Buenos Aries will thrill you, though do not underestimate BA & the Argentinian vibe...special.

Have a fantastic cruise, Frank! Bon Voyage! ;) Hope you enjoy your fish starters. ;p

Thanks Frank,

It's not until December 2019 but I could not pass us on 9 days at £520 a head (admittedly inside). Seriously I could hardly get a flight between Rio and BA for that price which is what I was planning.

Tap is a good call, flights were less to BA if I did the trip the other was (Norwegian Airlines) but I would have only had 1 day in Rio, doing it this way around (from Rio) I get 2 days in BA.

We will arrive in Rio a week early and travel around a bit first, I'm really looking forward to it.

I just can't believe the value of those cruises, even looking at this year they are so much less and you can normally get a late deal so I would have thought 2018 would be less.