Looking for Seattle Hotels Close to Airport?

Luv2Cruiise

Hey there,

I am looking for recommendations on decent hotels that don't cost a fortune near the Seattle Airport that offers shuttle service and near transportation to go sightseeing after cruise? Hotels you have stayed at ? I know this has probably been asked before so sorry for asking again!

Thanks

Hey there,

I am looking for recommendations on decent hotels that don't cost a fortune near the Seattle Airport that offers shuttle service and near transportation to go sightseeing after cruise? Hotels you have stayed at ? I know this has probably been asked before so sorry for asking again!

Thanks

Many, many times in fact.

All of the airport-area hotels have free shuttles to the airport, none have free shuttles to anywhere in the city, including either cruise terminal. From the airport you can take a light rail line into the city and do your touring from there, including linking up to organized tours.

Really, a few minutes spent doing some simple searches on this board will yield excellent results.

Yes I am busy reading the boards at the moment, Our flight leaves Seattle at 5:30am so we need hotels that offer 24hr shuttle service when we do leave or be close enough to walk to airport. We are also sight seeing post cruise. Thanks

We stayed at the Clarion SeaTac a few years ago and it worked out great. You can walk to it from the airport, or they have a shuttle (We did both). Light rail station is 1 block away. There is also C-store 1 block away. Small bar and grill in the hotel with reasonable food and drinks.

JB

We like the Cedarbrook Lodge, when we don't stay downtown. It's in SeaTac near the airport, and has a shuttle that will take you back and forth to the airport, where you can catch the light rail train to downtown.

It costs a little more that the other airport hotels, but the grounds are like an oasis in an otherwise kind of unattractive area. The room rate includes lots of nice freebies: a breakfast buffet that includes things like smoked salmon and yogurt parfait, bacon and eggs, pastries, etc. Complimentary snacks like ice cream,bottled water, yogurt, candy, etc. A gift of individualized bath salts from the spa.

I think it takes about 20-30 min to ride light rail into downtown Seattle from the airport.

There are tons of hotels around Seatac with airport shuttles. I've stayed at the Doubletree at Seatac and the Doubletree at Southcenter, as well as the Hampton Inn on 28th. All good hotels. Next April I'm booked at the Hilton adjacent to the airport.

Roz

We stayed at the Crown Plaza post cruise and it was very nice. It was very close to the Light Rail station, by looking at a map it's one of the closest and GoogleMaps says it's a 2 min walk. They offer a free shuttle to the airport, It ran every 20 min from the top of the hour 2 years ago.

While there are tons of hotels near Seatac, I have found that there really aren't any restaurants within walking distances to the hotels. There are restaurants nearby, but you would need transportation.

This is true. Now that Uber is an option, it makes things easier.

Roz

I am staying at a Hampton Inn in Tukwila. $150 per night. And that seemed like a bargain...

Try discounts like AAA, AARP, Working Advantage, Membership Points, if you have them.

Frustrating, all I want to do is sleep for the night and get out of there.

Thanks for all the info, We have AAA & AARP and sometimes not using those gets you a cheaper rate, at least when I call that is what I am being told. We need a hotel Post Cruise, we are on our own on Fri when we disembark but my BFF is showing us around on Sat then we leave at 5:30am on Sunday so that is why we need a 24hr shuttle to airport from hotel since we leave so early

I am hoping we can check in early or leave our luggage at hotel so we can spend Fri sightseeing Seattle since we have never been there.

The best rate I have gotten so far is the Clarion Seatac, anyone stayed there before?

Thanks & Happy Cruising

At the Doubletree at Seatac, the scheduled shuttle doesn't run 24 hours, but if you need a shuttle before 4:20 am, you just tell them and they'll get you over to the airport. I did that one time, and was on the shuttle with 2 flight crews. Don't dismiss a hotel just because it doesn't specifically say it has 24-hr. shuttle service.

Roz