First cruise with kids... Belize

2legit410

We are going on a 7 night aboard the carnival freedom in mid-May. This will be the first time we take our kids on a cruise (they will be 5 and 10). I don't snorkel, I have an irrational fear of being untethered in the great big ocean. My 5 year old won't be able to snorkel. I've been looking at the barrier reef snorkel, shark & ray, beach stop excursion. I found a company that will allow us to pay half for non-snorkelers. I am wondering if anyone has gone on this excursion or a similar one and not snorkeled. Was it still enjoyable? Would a 5 year old still be entertained during the boat ride? Any input is very much appreciated

Sent from my LG-H872 using Forums mobile app

Your "upcoming" date has a typo in the year ;). We are going to Belize in March, also with children, one age 6 and one age 10. I have done scuba diving in Cozumel and loved it, but I never got the hang of snorkeling. I want to follow your post to see what advice other cruisers can give about this excursion. We have not picked our excursion yet.

Hopefully there will be some members who have good advice.

We are going on a 7 night aboard the carnival freedom in mid-May. This will be the first time we take our kids on a cruise (they will be 5 and 10). I don't snorkel, I have an irrational fear of being untethered in the great big ocean. My 5 year old won't be able to snorkel. I've been looking at the barrier reef snorkel, shark & ray, beach stop excursion. I found a company that will allow us to pay half for non-snorkelers. I am wondering if anyone has gone on this excursion or a similar one and not snorkeled. Was it still enjoyable? Would a 5 year old still be entertained during the boat ride? Any input is very much appreciated

We are considering a similiar excursion, from what I have read it depends on which beach/island they are leaving you at. A few of the beaches/islands are a very, very tiny slab of land and becomes overcrowded and uncomfortable. We are contemplating going to Caye Caulker, where there is more to see and do for us land lovers.

We are considering a similiar excursion, from what I have read it depends on which beach/island they are leaving you at. A few of the beaches/islands are a very, very tiny slab of land and becomes overcrowded and uncomfortable. We are contemplating going to Caye Caulker, where there is more to see and do for us land lovers.

We are looking at coral beach tours, and it goes to caye caulker.

Your "upcoming" date has a typo in the year ;). We are going to Belize in March, also with children, one age 6 and one age 10. I have done scuba diving in Cozumel and loved it, but I never got the hang of snorkeling. I want to follow your post to see what advice other cruisers can give about this excursion. We have not picked our excursion yet.

Coral Beach Tours has some really interesting excursions for Belize.

Haha I actually hadn't updated my signature and forgot I even had one. Should be updated now [emoji12]