Just off Calabaza, highly recommended!

jkmmah

We have just concluded our day with Calabaza and I must say, after many cruises and tour excursions over the years, Calabaza was the best we have ever experienced. The service, hospitality, friendship, information, care and concern, and attention to every detail was simply remarkable. Every good thing you read about this tour is spot on! We spent the day with Gina, Aaron and Chris and will gladly return to do it all again on a future visit. It was phenomenal!

Kris and Jim from Colorado

Thank you Kris and Jim for posting this! We are booked with them later this year - I have never read a negative review of Calabaza.

It sounds perfect!

You'll be well taken care of. I had high expectations for the day after reading such stellar reviews. They exceeded those expectations. Brilliant day!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the review. Our group has booked a tour on Calabaza for early Feb. How was the snorkeling?

This was my first experience snorkeling, so I have nothing to compare it to. We saw lots of fish, a sea turtle and a stingray, and some shipwrecks. Did I mention lots of fish? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was there a time difference from ship to island time? We’ll be sailing in November out of Florida but our port time is 9-6. Calabaza has added a 9:30 departure time but I’m nervous about only having 30 mins to get off the ship. They say to allow 15 mins to walk from ship to meeting place.

Our ship, RCI Serenade, had us move forward one hour on one of our sea days before our first port of call, so our ship time matched island time. Not sure if this is common across all ships that sail the Southern Caribbean routes or not as this was our first time going that far south, and first time we’ve encountered a time change on the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a warning-if you are not a good swimmer they do not watch! DH had a very bad experience. When I told the head office they did say they gave the crew their walking papers because it was unacceptable. But DH will no longer go on a cat. I told the crew he needed to be watched, and we have swim all over the world but this time the crew was not what we had hoped for. just saying.

We have just concluded our day with Calabaza and I must say, after many cruises and tour excursions over the years, Calabaza was the best we have ever experienced. The service, hospitality, friendship, information, care and concern, and attention to every detail was simply remarkable. Every good thing you read about this tour is spot on! We spent the day with Gina, Aaron and Chris and will gladly return to do it all again on a future visit. It was phenomenal!

Kris and Jim from Colorado

We just got off Calabaza II on Sunday and had a great time. Crew, food, drinks were all 1st class, what a nice day.

Just a warning-if you are not a good swimmer they do not watch! DH had a very bad experience. When I told the head office they did say they gave the crew their walking papers because it was unacceptable. But DH will no longer go on a cat. I told the crew he needed to be watched, and we have swim all over the world but this time the crew was not what we had hoped for. just saying.

Not to start an argument but it sounds like you and hubby share the blame.

Maybe--but they did fire the crew that was on duty that day and refunded our $ so I would say we had valid points. My DH always takes his own Personal flotation device. I'm a former life guard. I was just offering my opinion--I didn't start a thread diss them but I decide I would tag on -any that asked. so go with Silver Moon instead.

I want to do the Catamaran but don't snorkle or swim, is it still enjoyable if you don't do either? Thanks in advance for the input.

Three of our group of 13 never got off the caramaran and they had a great time. They were able to see the turtles, too.

• 4 weeks later...

Book on your own. The ship excursion is a large catamaran with about 30 people on it.

I went in with very high expectations for the cost, and have to say it may one of the best 3 tours we have ever done.

Also for the person asking if they will enjoy this tour without snorkeling... It is a lovely cruise with great foot and plenty to drink and see.

And lastly, I don't understand the post about husband not being able to swim. What is the expectation of the crew?

Enjoy

-F-