Loyalty points accepted from other companies??

ann141

We have booked a Fred Olsen cruise in January.I presumed that as it will be our first FO cruise we would be at the bottom of the loyalty tier.Is this the case as I have read on another forum that FO accept other companies loyalty points??

I thought it sounded too good to be true!! I have e mailed fred olsen just to double check and will post again if they do transfer points.Otherwise it just means keep on booking more Fred cruises!! :) to rise up the tiers

The only company I know from first hand experience to accept loyalty points from another company is Princess Cruises.....they took into consideration all our cruises on Cunard and P&O from 1978 and put us straight into their top level.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The only company I know from first hand experience to accept loyalty points from another company is Princess Cruises.....they took into consideration all our cruises on Cunard and P&O from 1978 and put us straight into their top level.

Yes this is because they are all Carnival brands, so all the same company. They used to automatically transfer points from Princess etc. to P&O, but P&O do not do that now. I think it still works the other way round (from P&O) if travel on Princess, but not sure if that has changed since I last looked.

As far as I know it is only MSC that have brought out a status match scheme. We had an MSC cruise recently and had status matched to our (pretty high) status on Fred, though were not placed in what would seem an equivalent on MSC. OK we thought their scheme after all. When we actually cruised though the benefits we should have had were not provided anyway. Reception did not want to know and the loyalty club bloke was either not there when he was scheduled to be, or had a queue of people waiting to book future cruises with him. Hence the status match was a complete waste of time.

MSC are new to sailing out of Florida and are falling over backwards to attract the Americans and they are also to sail out of the UK from next year. They do some cruises from the UK now, but only as an optional port, which is really a port visit from what is currently the home port (not sure what that is, but may be Hamburg.

Edited by tring

Yes this is because they are all Carnival brands, so all the same company. They used to automatically transfer points from Princess etc. to P&O, but P&O do not do that now. I think it still works the other way round (from P&O) if travel on Princess, but not sure if that has changed since I last looked.

As far as I know it is only MSC that have brought out a status match scheme. We had an MSC cruise recently and had status matched to our (pretty high) status on Fred, though were not placed in what would seem an equivalent on MSC. OK we thought their scheme after all. When we actually cruised though the benefits we should have had were not provided anyway. Reception did not want to know and the loyalty club bloke was either not there when he was scheduled to be, or had a queue of people waiting to book future cruises with him. Hence the status match was a complete waste of time.

MSC are new to sailing out of Florida and are falling over backwards to attract the Americans and they are also to sail out of the UK from next year. They do some cruises from the UK now, but only as an optional port, which is really a port visit from what is currently the home port (not sure what that is, but may be Hamburg.

We've just returned home from an MSC Cuba cruise. We matched our status on Celebrity/Azamara and got the top MSC Black card. We got all the benefits without question [and at that level they are well worth having - much more so than Oceans which seems to have gone backwards over the years]. There were only 39 Black members on the cruise and we were the only British so did seem to get special attention. :) No Americans on board of course but some Canadians.

Remember that P& O, Cunard, Princess are all Carnival ships so any transfer of points is effectively "in house".