RV Parking for Vancouver cruise

We are driving our 24' RV from Arizona to facilitate visiting friends and family enroute. Unfortunately the RV exceeds the 6'9" height limits at Canada Place where we need to catch our cruise. Westcoast parking has no other options available at this time. So the most likely solution would be parking at the airport and taking some sort of shuttle to Canada Place, and reverse when we return a week later.

The most critical issue though is the fact that my husband and I are both disabled and have difficulty walking. So ease of transfer from the JetSet Lot to access to a Canada Place shuttle or tram location is very important. Do you have any suggestions.

None of the lots at YVR accept reservations for RVs - it's first-come first-served, so no guarantee you'll actually be able to park (and I believe they charge double for vehicles taking up 2 spaces which yours certainly would). I would suggest instead staying at a hotel for a 'stay, park & cruise' e.g. Accent Inns instead of parking at YVR.

Accent offer transportation to the pier on cruise morning as part of the package - you'd have to contact them to see if parking your RV would be OK. Even if they charge extra for the big vehicle, it's still likely cheaper than just the parking costs at YVR. Getting back would cost $15pp on the same shuttle company they use to get you downtown - it's the only one left these days as the Canada Line put the rest out of business.

Given your issues with walking, using the shuttle would be your cheapest option. Cabs are fixed rate $35 from YVR to the pier, metered back (about the same price) so for tow of you they'll always be more expensive - more flexible in timing though, so you may want to consider them (the hotel will shuttle you to YVR free, so you can get the fixed-rate cab inbound).

Not sure if this meets the OP's needs but just thought I'd throw an option out that my wife remembered.

There's a lot on 1608 West Georgia Street run by Metro Parking. It's a surface lot and if you click on the magnifying glass on the Google image on the lot's website, it does show a number or RV's parked in the lot. I'm not 100% sure if there's a way to guarantee a spot but the description on the site does state: "Oversized trucks, busses, motor homes, trailers and Movie & Film Crews also welcome – No Height Restrictions - Please phone ahead to arrange." The price isn't too bad either for downtown parking.

If the lot is suitable, it would be a fairly short cab ride to Canada Place; 5 mins. You can probably grab breakfast at the Whitespot beside the lot and then call for a cab to pick you up and drop you off at the terminal.

Here's the lot's website: https://metrolots.myparkingworld.com/met?_ga=1.39403424.287929328.1489737887#details=64,2

Edited by Milhouse

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, hotel only had "compact" parking available. Decided to park at airport and take parking lot shuttle to terminal to catch a cab. Gives us the least amount of walking and greater flexibility.

Not sure if this meets the OP's needs but just thought I'd throw an option out that my wife remembered. There's a lot on 1608 West Georgia Street run by Metro Parking.......quote]

Thanks did take a look at but as can't make reservations, and couldn't verify security decided to park at the airport, take the parking lot shuttle to the terminal and a cab to Canada Place. That will minimize walking and gives us more flexibility.

Here's a link to the RV mentioned in the previous post - they do allow off season storage but no mention about the rest of the year - give them a call or email them.

You are also right next door tom a major shopping mall if you need any last minute items.

http://www.capilanoriverrvpark.com/west-vancouver-campsites

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Dennis

We have cruised while on RV trips in the U.S. We have found the best cruise parking option is to arrange a site in an RV park with electric only. Often it's a special arrangement we make with the park manager. We don't have to shut down all the systems and the battery remains charged. We don't like to leave the RV in a parking lot because of the increased chance of "door dings" and other damage. We've traveled in motorhomes from 22' to 40'.

• 6 months later...

Hello - we have the same challenge next summer of parking an rv for 2 weeks in vancouver, flying to Fairbanks and cruising back to Vancouver. Burnaby Caribou is booked a year in advance for tours, Peace Arch stores RVs on a first come first serve basis (no reservations!), Capilano requires you reserve a spot while you are away at regular rates. I am not sure I am comfortable leaving our RV in a public lot?? Interested in any suggestions. thanks.

Just thought I'd throw out another public lot option to add info to the thread for reference though I know it may not meet Cal_hillbilly's criteria. It's another Metro lot #37 at 501 Denman near the seawall and close walking distance to Stanley Park and a nice seawall walk to Canada Place. We go by it during some of our walks along the seawall including some late night ones and have seen large vehicles (ie buses and RV's) parked in it. It does state there are designated bus stalls. We've walked by there only as late as 11pm and there always seems to be activity going on in the lot. Not sure if it's some kind of pick up or drop off point. Can't guarantee late night security though.