Ladies, what Size purse to carry onboard and excursions

Anubhavi

Not a lady.

Don't carry a purse.

HOWEVER, I bought my wife this one and it's the only one she uses on trips. Land or cruise.

https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Anti-Theft-Signature-Hobo-Black/dp/B00ICD5XD6/

The Travel-On Hobo

Shout out to Karen, who I met on Harmony this past week, who told me she bought her Travel-On purse based on my link in this thread. Nice!

My wife complimented her on her bag, she said she got the idea from CC in a thread where a man posted his wife's bag and she liked it. I was like "HEY! That was me!"

So, here's your proof Karen, if you are still subscribed to this thread.

• 1 month later...

I have a tiny Haiku bag I use for traveling and I LOVE it. So light you barely notice you're carrying it, has an RFID slot, and is made from recycled materials!

It can fit several credit cards, cash, a chapstick, some tissues, and a smartphone or sunglasses (possibly both but then it might not zip).

Haiku Women's Impulse Crossbody Handbag, Andorra https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XPWCV14/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_OjXBAbW57VHV0

I also use large bags on a day to day basis, but on the cruise ship, I like to use a small crossbody. (I think I picked one up at a coach outlet for $75 bucks or so, and it's lasted for years). For going on land, it depends on what I'm doing. If I plan to just plop down at a beach and not do a ton of walking, I bring a "beach" bag that is fairly large. (The ones I usually use are the bags you get from Victoria's Secret when they're running specials - i.e., spend $75 and get a free bag.) That way, I can carry snorkel gear, towels, etc.

I have two tote bags from RCCL. They are both canvas, with one having more outside pockets for carrying miscellany. The one I like the best is the plain one with just a zipper top and one outside flat pocket. I pack it flat in the suitcase and take it out when I unpack on the ship. It's my one and only bag for the whole cruise, and it hold a LOT of stuff.

It's this one being sold on eBay right now for $32 including shipping, and includes an insulated beverage bottle:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Royal-Caribbean-Large-Canvas-Tote-Bag-20-oz-Insulated-Coke-Tumbler-Very-Nice/183036877341?hash=item2a9dd91a1d:g:DzUAAOSwnNBXbFjU

Edited by pcur

For ports I use a bag I got from Rick Steve's Travel Store. I like it because isn't real big. I have a slim bag I got on board Princess, many pockets, if I'm going to get off, walk a little, shop, I use it. I've never been about a purse when I travel, never carry one around the ship. Going to the airport, my small rolling bag has my wallet, passport, travel papers everything inside it, one bag to watch. When I get to the gate, I take out a bag to have at my seat with the important stuff I don't want in the overhead compartment.

I love to travel w my huge Spartina that has East Coast graphics and a little cruise ship pictured on it. It’s a great carry on. I have a tiny Coach w coral and fish appliqués I carry to dinner, and for around the ship, I use a tote from a port. I also use a Kiplinger crossbody for excursions. I enjoy bags and totes and keep them out in the cabin like decorations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not a lady.

Don't carry a purse.

HOWEVER, I bought my wife this one and it's the only one she uses on trips. Land or cruise.

https://www.amazon.com/Travelon-Anti-Theft-Signature-Hobo-Black/dp/B00ICD5XD6/

The Travel-On Hobo

A+ for you! Love this travel bag. Lucky wife!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also carry a small ‘cruise purse’ with a long handle that crosses my body. It just holds my necessities. We are Disney pass holders and when I go there I wear multi-pocketed hiking pants and don’t carry anything except a bottle of water. Fanny packs give me a bigger rump than I already have and are not flattering on me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I don't carry a bag while out and about on the ship, my card is on a lanyard.

(shock, horror !..yes even after 25 cruises!!!)

I carry a small cross body/ shoulder, leather Coach evening bag. (Glasses, tissues, lipstick, phone etc)

Off the ship, I carry a tote bag (beach) never with the ship's logo (to avoid looking even more like a tourist) or an embroidered shoulder bag

On shore, I wear a safari vest with inside and outside pockets. It holds wallet, phone, sea card and sunglasses, leaving my hands free for taking pictures and shopping. We also have Rick Steves City backpacks - light weight and very roomy. Usually my husband carries that for water and shopping goodies! No purse if i can avoid it!!

On board, my sea card goes on a wrist ring or on my pocket; I use the city pack backpack to go to the pool. No purse

I'm trying to decide on a carry bag that will work for the plane ride, as well as market days / beach days / etc while we're in Europe this July. I don't like the idea of the big gaping cavity though, as everything seems to fall to the bottom and I can never find what I need when I need it. I thought about those purse inserts that organize your things into pockets. Has anyone used these? Suggestions for a bag? It doesn't have to be a fancy bag, even a cool canvas bag will do as I will also be taking a smaller cross body for the days when I don't want to be the family pack mule. Would like it to have a zipper top though. Any ideas?

Hi, on board the ship? I don't carry anything.......my bottoms (whatever they are) shorts/capris/pants, etc......all have pockets.

Now for evenings? If I am deciding to dress up a bit, then I use a small crossbody bag.

When in port, it depends on what I am doing..........if for example I am going to the beach then I use a tote bag that holds

whatever I need.

If I am going on sightseeing type tour, I have a small crossbody bag I use for this too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I took a small zippered pouch that had a wristband. This helped a lot when I needed my room key and maybe my cellphone. There are times where you just need to go out of your room for a few minutes, such as a quick trip to the gift shop. Sometimes I had clothes with no pockets. Once we had a trip to Bermuda and I just needed to

go off the ship and down one street to use a payphone. (I know, gone are those days). All I needed was ID and room key. This kind of bag/pouch worked great.

During the day on the ship, I keep my S&S on a lanyard for easy access. Mom and I will share a tote bag for our cameras, books, cover ups, etc... I also have a waterproof pouch for my phone and my camera is waterproof.

At night, I'll use a small evening bag. Big enough for my card, camera, lipstick, and maybe phone.

In ports, I just use a tote bag and throw my lanyard in there since I don't need it on land often.