.......idle jottings continued

CCHelp

We know that we're taking our chances with June, probably not as much as July and certainly August, but still. We prefer to go in May, but in May SD didn't offer what we wanted. We have never been to Cinque Terre and we chose this voyage because it goes there. There were only two options and they were both in summer. I believe the second one was later than the one we chose. We will go with a good attitude and keep our fingers crossed.

I hope you and Lois had a great Fourth.

Hi Z. Yes 4th was lots of fun. Hope Y'all had a good one too. We did your itinerary a few years ago and the Cinque Terre day was by far the highlight of the voyage. One of the best excursions ever. It was in October and the weather was chilly and drizzly with patches of sun so not too bad. I know you will have a great trip.:cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello Mr. & Mrs America and all the ships at sea. News flash from a little birdie (founder of IJ no longer welcome in some places) embarked on SDII Transatlantic. More to follow.........;p

It is my understanding that Captain Remi is leaving SeaDream. Lois is devastated.😵😱👀

I understand our favorite Chef Sudesh has been promoted to head of Hotel Operations. We shall miss his special touches but wish him all the best in his move up.

Jim,

Who previously held that position and do you know whether he/she is still with SeaDream?

Suddesh took Tom Carlson’s job (who did retire) but will be working from India and not moving to Oslo. Remi left to work on a private yacht :-((

No idea who will be captain on the TA. Also, Terje has a new baby with wife/girlfriend #3!

I have a little birdie as well! :-)

Vandrefalk

We wish Remi well. Working on a large private yacht sounds good but having been in the boat biz for a lot of years in Florida I can attest it is not as easy as it looks. Owners can be quite demanding there too. A person has to do what they want. Myself, I could be the poster child for questionable decisions......:eek:

Suddesh took Tom Carlson’s job (who did retire) but will be working from India and not moving to Oslo. Remi left to work on a private yacht :-((

No idea who will be captain on the TA. Also, Terje has a new baby with wife/girlfriend #3!

I have a little birdie as well! :-)

Vandrefalk

Wow. Quite the newsy 3 sentences :)! Thanks. I thought it might be Tom who had retired. He was/is a class act. A great ambassador for SeaDream who will be missed.

As is Mrs. Tiki! Does anyone know which Captain is on SDI for the Caribbean season?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on SD2 recently and after Captain Remi and family disembarked in his home town of Malaga during our voyage we later learned as we continued on to Lisbon with Captain Steinar that Captain Remi was no longer with SD. Not sure of the circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on SD2 recently and after Captain Remi and family disembarked in his home town of Malaga during our voyage we later learned as we continued on to Lisbon with Captain Steinar that Captain Remi was no longer with SD. Not sure of the circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It could just be as simple as time to move on. Working at sea is a tough job, especially for someone with a family. And I remember speaking with Captain Remi in Costa Rica shortly after his arrival at SD. He was doing a great job driving a ship with one engine and we compared notes on working at sea. He came to SD basically because he was tired of running the same routes over and over with Paul Gauguin. Hard to imagine getting tired of working in French Polynesia and we loved the ship Paul Gauguin but as a former seafarer, I get it. We wish him the best at whatever he does.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Which forum is the biggest on CC ?

And how many replies do you think the biggest posting would have ?

As many as "........idle jottings" ?

No, not even half as many.

Surprised ?

Hum is !

I’m not !

“O Captain ! My Captain........”

Walt Whitman (a Yank too !)

Edited by Frank Lee