First Impressions of Seabourn from our Dec. '17 Odyssey Cruise: Surprisingly Mixed

ON cruiser

Onus is still on as sommelier. I believe Kayterina is the other (if I’m not butchering that) and she’s steered us well on the TK Grill wine list!

She was great on our cruise last summer. She always stopped by to talk and ask us how we were doing, whether we needed wine advice or not. She’s a very professional and hard working lady!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry margbem, Eddie left Seabourn about a year ago when son Max was born. He spent some time at home with Mariana and Max. Is now Manager Catering Operations with Fred Olsen line.

Thanks Stamfordian. We will miss him!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Greetings, and Happy New Year, all; below I attempt to link my review posted of our Dec. 5-17, 2017 Odyssey cruise. If I did it wrong, the review can be found in the review section for the ship.

A question I have is whether what we experienced with embarkation and disembarkation is the norm for Seabourn, or is it usually better organized and executed?

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=602771

Hi. We were on that cruise, as well. However, reading your review leads me to believe we were on two different ships! I'm pretty picky, yet my wife and I thought this was--by far--the best cruise we've ever taken. We sped through embarkation (arriving at the Port around 1 p.m. or so), and ate and drank like royalty for 12 days. We thought the food and service and ambiance was fabulous. One meal was better than the next, and you couldn't walk three feet without someone offering you a glass of champagne. Anyway, that was our experience.