Narrowing down my options

mkcurran

I'm looking for excursions for my cruise this spring. I've got a general idea of what I want to do, but I'm looking to see if I can get better tours than offered through a cruise line and a good beach recommendation. So here goes:

Cabo San Lucas--Looking at an ATV tour. Ride single or double.

Puerto Vallarta-Was eyeballing a jeep tour.

Mazatlan--This is looking to be a good beach day. Looking for something that's either a low-cost all-inclusive or a place that will let us "rent" chairs for a couple of drinks and lunch.

Who we are:

Two middle age people who like to do things, but are a bit out of shape so riding is always better than walking. We would like to see some beach in every port, but don't really want more than one full beach day. We do love hitting the trails on our ATV.

What we won't do:

Anything with heights or excursions where the focus is on getting drunk. We would like to see a tequila factory.

Thoughts and suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
+1 for Stone Island in Mazatlan. A great beach day that is inexpensive (can be done on your own), and is just a very relaxing day with good vibes, beach activities, food and beverages.

Well since I asked this question my parents have decided to crash our cruise. So we need something wheeled-walker friendly. I'm not sure how Stone Island fits for that. But any information on that would be greatly appreciated. Right now El Cid Marina looks like our likely landing spot for the day.

Well since I asked this question my parents have decided to crash our cruise. So we need something wheeled-walker friendly. I'm not sure how Stone Island fits for that. But any information on that would be greatly appreciated. Right now El Cid Marina looks like our likely landing spot for the day.

Yeah, that changes things in terms of Stone Island. The trip is not at all wheeled-walker friendly, including the boats that ferry you over and back. The beach area itself is quite rustic and is not mobility issue friendly.

Based on your new situation, I would not recommend Stone Island unfortunately.