Dry Cleaning no longer available on the Odyssey

Host Dan

This is the reply that my TA received from SB:

Thank you for contacting us in regards to the dry cleaning process. Over the past year, all Seabourn ships have moved from a chemical based dry cleaning to a new method called Eco Wet Cleaning. It is correct that this is in a movement towards a more environmentally conscious way of cleaning while protecting our environment, as well as our crew on board from the very harsh chemicals of standard dry cleaning.Most garments can still be cleaned with this process, but there are some materials which do not allow for us to clean them, the risk of damaging the garment is too high.

Makes sense to me.

Dry cleaning uses some pretty horrible chemicals which have the potential to cause various issues. Seabourn are moving to a water based cleaning process which can clean the vast majority of clothing items formerly deemed "dry clean only" but it is not dry clean in the traditional sense.

Not wanting to have loads of people complaining Seabourn are not calling the new process dry cleaning.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

You might find that your local dry cleaning company eventually follows suit.

Henry :)

Agree with wickaz, on the Holiday cruise there was a notification in the suite the same as Dan received. I have a couple of silk blouses that I took away with me but decided not to risk having them cleaned by this new method. Will be interested to read any future feedback.