Pre-Stay at Hyatt Regency OIA

PoohUnderstands

Need some clarification, please. I booked a pre-cruise stay(for the night before embarkation) through DCL at the Hyatt Regency OIA. Also reserved the transportation to PC the next day. My question is this: Do I get my own luggage at the baggage claim at MCO and take it with me to the hotel in the airport, or will someone take it there for me? Reason I ask is the information I read states to put on the luggage tags on my checked baggage when I leave my home airport. Thanks for the help.

Pooh

Need some clarification, please. I booked a pre-cruise stay(for the night before embarkation) through DCL at the Hyatt Regency OIA. Also reserved the transportation to PC the next day. My question is this: Do I get my own luggage at the baggage claim at MCO and take it with me to the hotel in the airport, or will someone take it there for me? Reason I ask is the information I read states to put on the luggage tags on my checked baggage when I leave my home airport. Thanks for the help.

Pooh

The instructions to place luggage tags on your bags before checking in for your flight is applicable to those people who are flying in the day of the cruise.

For you, yes, you'll pick up your bags at baggage claim and take them with you to the hotel. Be sure to mention when checking in at the hotel that you are taking DCL transfers the next day. You'll attach your DCL tags at the hotel (before the next morning) for them to pick up from you room direct to the ship.

Individuals flying in early DO NOT place luggage tags on their bags prior to leaving their home airport. In your case, you should place the tags on the bags when you are at the Hyatt MCO. YOU will claim your bags from luggage check and take the to the Hyatt. At check in, you will be sure that your name is on a list of rooms that the Hyatt will claim bags from in the morning. In addition, they will give you a form to present to DCL when you check in at the Welcome Center in the morning. When you are ready to leave the hotel, you take your carry on luggage with you. You leave the bags to be sent to the ship in your hotel room with the DCL tags on them. At the Welcome Center, you present the form to the CM who checks you in for the bus.

The list at check in tells the Hyatt to be sure to get your bags to Disney and the form tells DCL to verify that they have your bags.

The Hyatt does offer a service of getting your bags for you--you arrange this at check in. It costs $10 or $15 plus tip and will take 20 minutes or so after check in. Of course, since your cruise is more than a year away, we are all supposing that there will be no changes in policies between now and then.

You haven't asked about it yet, but on the way home, DCL does offer an onboard airline check in provided you are on a domestic flight on a participating airline and using DCL transportation. This is similar to the service that Princess offers except that there is no fee for it. You sign up for it and will get boarding passes and luggage tags in your cabin. Place the luggage outside the cabin on the last night and next see it at your home airport. Southwest is not a participating airline.

Thanks all. Moki's Mommy I am going to call you my Disney Mommy! Thank you so much for taking me under your wing. I know about the online luggage check in and I think that it is a big pooh pooh that SW does not participate in this. I mean they do for Princess, why not Disney!?!!! If one thing changes in the next one year +, maybe SW will be added to the list! I can hope, can't they?;p

Pooh

Thanks all. Moki's Mommy I am going to call you my Disney Mommy! Thank you so much for taking me under your wing. I know about the online luggage check in and I think that it is a big pooh pooh that SW does not participate in this. I mean they do for Princess, why not Disney!?!!! If one thing changes in the next one year +, maybe SW will be added to the list! I can hope, can't they?;p

Pooh

The airlines absorb the fee for this...not sure if that is the deal. SW did a very brief trial several years ago and then pulled out again. It was not long at all; maybe 6 weeks. We were all hopeful because they are part of the Magical Express system at WDW. But no...such is life. The only thing I can figure is that on Princess the cruising person pays for it.