Disney Dream Teen area rules....

Twow

I have a 13 1/2 year old daughter that will not be old enough for the Vibe 14-17 area. But she has 2 siblings ages 14 and 17 that are.... how much does Disney enforce the age rule? We really wanted our 3 kids to be able to do the teen area together if they wanted to.

Does anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

In the past few years, they have been strictly enforcing the rules. The eligible teens have a KTTW card which is coded to allow them to enter the area. That doesn't say that you can't make your case to the manager in the Vibe and hope for the best. They are also totally strict about the 17 ending rule--on the 18th birthday, an individual is out of the Vibe. They initially tried to not allow a person who was turning 18 during the cruise to have access, which resulted in many complaints as such individuals were also denied access to adult areas...so now the transition occurs on that day.

Unfortunately, the strict enforcement is the result of the actions of some individuals.

Your kids can participate together in any of the family areas or programs. They can also enjoy any of the kid spaces together during "open house" hours. Sounds a little crazy, but we actually had adult hours in the kid programming areas during our trans-Atlantic cruises--it allowed the adults to play without feeling that we were interfering with the kids. They won't have that sort of time, but during open house times, people of any age can enter the space having open house and participate in whatever is happening or available in the space.

Edited by moki'smommy

In the past few years' date=' they have been strictly enforcing the rules. The eligible teens have a KTTW card which is coded to allow them to enter the area. That doesn't say that you can't make your case to the manager in the Vibe and hope for the best. They are also totally strict about the 17 ending rule--on the 18th birthday, an individual is out of the Vibe. They initially tried to not allow a person who was turning 18 during the cruise to have access, which resulted in many complaints as such individuals were also denied access to adult areas...so now the transition occurs on that day.

Unfortunately, the strict enforcement is the result of the actions of some individuals.

Your kids can participate together in any of the family areas or programs. They can also enjoy any of the kid spaces together during "open house" hours. Sounds a little crazy, but we actually had adult hours in the kid programming areas during our trans-Atlantic cruises--it allowed the adults to play without feeling that we were interfering with the kids. They won't have that sort of time, but during open house times, people of any age can enter the space having open house and participate in whatever is happening or available in the space.[/quote']

Thank you for your response. We are so excited for the cruise!

I have a 13 1/2 year old daughter that will not be old enough for the Vibe 14-17 area. But she has 2 siblings ages 14 and 17 that are.... how much does Disney enforce the age rule? We really wanted our 3 kids to be able to do the teen area together if they wanted to.

Does anyone know?

I'll just point out the 13 & 14 year old can both participate in Edge.

But, as moki'smommy said - they all can participate together in any club during the Open House times.

In February we sailed on the Magic and my 13.5 yr old nephew was allowed to go to Vibe, the staff said that since he was with in 6 months of turning 14 (he was actually less than 2 months) he could be allowed access to that club, he went to both Vibe and Edge but ultimately ended up making more friends in Edge and decided to spend the bulk of his cruise there.

In February we sailed on the Magic and my 13.5 yr old nephew was allowed to go to Vibe, the staff said that since he was with in 6 months of turning 14 (he was actually less than 2 months) he could be allowed access to that club, he went to both Vibe and Edge but ultimately ended up making more friends in Edge and decided to spend the bulk of his cruise there.

This is new and different than anything I'd seen before. Previous policies were that you had to be the stated age or within 30 days. Thanks for posting. To OP, do not count on this rule--things do sometimes seem to vary by ship and by who the manager of the programming is....but it won't hurt to ask!

Thank you!!

As long as Edge or Vibe aren't too full with their own age group, almost all of the time a child can age up into that club within a year (10 year olds to Edge, 13 to Vibe).

A parent has to go and sign a waiver when they first go. It's vary rare for them to be told no, but a Counselor may ask/strongly encourage that they at least try the club aimed at them first.

No one, can go over the age limit though. If you turn 13 on the second day of the cruise, no more club/lab for you. If you turn 18 at any point during that cruise, no more Vibe, unless it's open house times.

• 6 months later...