DFW longish layover...restaurants?

buggins0402

We’ll be flying from DTW to DFW to GDL. Due to midwestern winter weather concerns, I’ve built in a longish layover and it will be dinner time. Found this link on a search:

https://dallas.eater.com/2017/5/24/15683976/dfw-airport-restaurants-where-to-eat-dallas-fort-worth

Any AA FF’s have favorites? Prefer table service.

For many years this airport was my home based airport and I still fly from/through there from time to time.

If you want good TexMex food then Pappasito's is a nice option. It has table service.

I am not big on Cajun food but their sister restaurant is also popular which is Pappadeux.

They are both popular in selected Texas locations including North Texas and Houston.

If you want a very nice sit down experience with terrific steak then III Fork's is a place to go to. You can spend awhile there. It began in North Texas with one location and then expanded to two before being sold and is now in selected Texas cities as well as some additional locations.

For Italian cuisine consider the Italian Kitchen. i have not eaten there but looked at it on our last visit and looked like a nice place to dine.

Keith

Pappadeaux in Houston is one of our favorite airport restaurants. I assume the DFW location is similar.

Once, when notified that our previously direct flight from Kansas City to Calgary was now connecting through Houston , we thought about it for two seconds, then said “Yay, long lunch at Pappadeaux!”