Royal Court Tea Party

DCLCrazy

I can't lie. I'd do this. I'm hoping to be able to take our 3 year old daughter on her first cruise next year. Anything to see her smile. The boutique seems equally expensive.

And DCL has products for everyone. We can cruise for a week in a cat 11 for $4800 or in a Royal Suite for $34,500.(same dates, real figures). We can choose to do costly add ons or not. There is nothing wrong with a choice to do or not to do anything that is offered on board. Whatever works for your family is great.

And yes, I think that BBB packages are costly too!

We get past the boutique cost by buying a dress at the Disney outlet store and then buying the smallest package for hair and nails and makeup while at the boutique. Just arrive at your appt time in the dress. Totally the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I signed my 2 granddaughters up for the tea not at all exspecting it's to be as nice as it was. It was truly a memorable experience they will never forget.

Each princess had a Cinderella doll that looked very much like an American girl doll in their seat waiting for them. A really nice hard back autograph book, a nice pen, a nice jewelry box that had a bracelet, necklace, then each princess presented them with a little bag that had a charm. And to top it off Prince Charming gave each of our little princesses a really nice necklace that was a micky on one side and a Cinderella carriage on the other side. Nothing cheap about it. We had more then enough scones (still warm) delishous little desserts and little sandwich's. Our table was hungry and our attendant brought out another whole assortment. Then the last evening we sailed the girls received a special invitation to walk down the lobby staircase with all of the other princesses. It was awesome!!!

Everything Disney does it does for a profit so the Royal Tea is no different. It's very expensive and i wish I could have gotten it on my cruise on the Fantasy last month but I booked last minute and it was sold out. I will definitely book it on my December cruise on the Dream for my 5 year old. I am betting that like everything Disney does it is a wonderful experience even if it is overpriced.

Maryjo

Everything Disney does it does for a profit so the Royal Tea is no different. It's very expensive and i wish I could have gotten it on my cruise on the Fantasy last month but I booked last minute and it was sold out. I will definitely book it on my December cruise on the Dream for my 5 year old. I am betting that like everything Disney does it is a wonderful experience even if it is overpriced.

Maryjo

Perfect description. And your 5 year old will love it.--Well done, wonderful experience, seriously overpriced.

the fact that it's always sold out means that it is not "overpriced".

It is expensive, but not "overpriced".

as everyone knows, correct pricing of a product is whatever the market will bear.

Clearly, it's not overpriced since it's sold out.

If the tea parties were left unsold, then you could say that it's overpriced.

yes, it's very expensive, but disney has priced it accurately.

If anything, it might be underpriced.

You can raise the price until you reach the tipping point. Only after passing the tipping point can you claim that it is "overpriced".

• 4 months later...
it is incredibly expensive, but i have to admit that had they had it when my kids were little i would have signed us up!!

and i'll further admit that when i take the grandkids in 2018, we'll be there!

(is there a 12 step program for parents and grandparents like me? :o )

LOL. Count me in on your 12-step program.

We're on the Wonder in February and have - after much to-ing and fro-ing - decided to do the tea this time with our granddaughters (aged 7 and 3).

I have a question, though. I read a review that said the tables were set up 4/table. There will be two kids and three adults in our party ... I'm guessing they'll seat us all at one table?

We're on the Wonder in February and have - after much to-ing and fro-ing - decided to do the tea this time with our granddaughters (aged 7 and 3).

I have a question, though. I read a review that said the tables were set up 4/table. There will be two kids and three adults in our party ... I'm guessing they'll seat us all at one table?

Yes, you'll be seated as a family group at a single table. Just be sure that your reservations are linked and all will be well. The "average" table is set for 4, but there are plenty of 3 person families, some 2 person families, etc. Each family has its own table.

how wonderful!!!

i'm sure you'll all enjoy it!

please come back and let us know how it was!! :)

• 1 month later...

We will be taking a 7 day Caribbean cruise on Fantasy in the Spring, and definitely want to book this for my LO as she was too young to do it the last time we took at Disney Cruise. Does Disney offer this more than once on a Cruise? is it on an "At Sea" day? Can anyone tell me what day/time it occurs? Do people book a bibbity bobbity boutique experience beforehand as well so they are all decked out as princesses for the tea?

Yes' date=' it is on a sea day. And yes, there are people who do BBB for it. There are people who do the BBB every day package! I would suggest that you call DCL to see when it will be scheduled on your cruise; I've only ever seen it once per cruise.[/quote']

What’s the BBB everyday package? Is that something specific you can pay for? I’ve never seen that on the onboard fun page for BBB.

What’s the BBB everyday package? Is that something specific you can pay for? I’ve never seen that on the onboard fun page for BBB.

Fortunately my daughter is well beyond BBB age now.....so I am not up to date on the currently available packages. 5 years ago there was a package that included three full BBB experiences with three "touch ups" for a total of 6 visits on a 7 night cruise. They also had packages that included only the full experience visits, some including multiple visits.

I know that the "fairy godmothers in training" weren't always happy with the "touch ups" as the child sometimes seemed to expect more than a quick re-do. It was intended to be a time of freshening up the hair and perhaps adding a little make up, not doing everything but the dress on a child who had been thru a shower or swimming pool.

Fortunately my daughter is well beyond BBB age now.....so I am not up to date on the currently available packages. 5 years ago there was a package that included three full BBB experiences with three "touch ups" for a total of 6 visits on a 7 night cruise. They also had packages that included only the full experience visits' date=' some including multiple visits.

I know that the "fairy godmothers in training" weren't always happy with the "touch ups" as the child sometimes seemed to expect more than a quick re-do. It was intended to be a time of freshening up the hair and perhaps adding a little make up, not doing everything but the dress on a child who had been thru a shower or swimming pool.[/quote']

Yeah I can see how that can get sticky. I don’t know why parents would want to deal with the hair everyday anyway. We only allow one time a trip. We have a B2B coming up January 28 and she only gets one shot at it even though it’s technically two trips.

Yeah I can see how that can get sticky. I don’t know why parents would want to deal with the hair everyday anyway. We only allow one time a trip. We have a B2B coming up January 28 and she only gets one shot at it even though it’s technically two trips.

Well, DCL is willing to offer essentially whatever a parent is wiling to spend and they offer all sorts of services at all sorts of levels. Some people are happy in an inside cabin and some won't cruise unless they can get a 2 bedroom suite. You have a "once per trip" rule, which works for your family. Other families bring a princess dress that they got on sale and that's the end of the "dress up," while other families are willing to pay for the package that includes 3 complete make-overs. Some families view the Royal Tea as a "never" or "once in a lifetime" experience, while others see it as something that must be one each time they cruise.

DCL is happy to meet the need of as many families as possible.... I often tell people that you can spend essentially nothing beyond the cruise ticket and tips and have a great cruise, of you can spend many thousands more than that and have a great cruise. It is the choice of each family as to what works for them.

We're doing our first Disney cruise in May. At first, we were really turned off by the price but ultimately decided to book it anyway. Our daughter turns 5 in July. And this is her first cruise, plus a celebration of her turning 5 and transitioning into Kindergarten. This is not likely something we'd plan for future cruises (should we book DCL again -- the price of DCL alone is ridiculous when we can get what we feel is much better value on Princess). But again, this is a special trip. So we've decided to live it up.

The other thing that swung us was that my husband and I wouldn't bat an eye at spending around $350 (cost of one child and two adults for Royal Court Tea) for a concert for just the two of us. With no food. And no gifts to take home. And here we get the priceless joy of sharing this experience with our daughter. Plus some gifts for her and some snacks and some entertainment.

Also my husband rationalized that it amounts to about 3 hours of overtime for him -- which he easily gets (and more) every week. And since we budget based on our base salaries, we could afford the splurge. But if we were going into any sort of debt over it, or it was going to mean sacrificing something else we'd opt to skip it.

I just did it for the first time last month with my 5 year old granddaughter. She had a wonderful time. It's a first class event and you won't regret spending the money. Enjoy

Maryjo

We are going on our first Disney Cruise in Nov. 2018. We did The Perfectly Princess Tea” at the Grand Floridian when we were at DisneyWorld last August-my Daughter, granddaughter(6 1/2,) my grandson(4 1/2,) and myself. Yes, it was expensive but it was one of the absolute highlights of our nine day trip and we did EVERTYHING on that trip as far as extras! It was very well done. The doll my granddaughter received and the big bear my grandson received were beautiful, as were all the other gifts included. My grandson had a wonderful time! He had an incredible “beast” costume and my granddaughter had a gorgeous Belle Costume. They felt very special! My daughter and I also dressed in nice dresses. It was a lot of fun but also a refined, special experience. The food was very relatable for the children and plentiful. I didn’t particularly care for the food provided for the adults as two of the three tea sandwiches provided included curry chicken salad and egg salad (two of the few things I do not eat!). I ate the third tea sandwich (I think it was cucumber) and one of the sandwiches my granddaughter couldn’t finish on her plate. If I had thought ahead, I’m sure that had I notified them ahead of time, the chef would have provided me with substitutions.

My point is, this was a very special, memorable event for us and the children are STILL talking about it!! The doll and bear are very precious to them and I’m sure that is partially due to the very special memories associated with the event! It was well worth the cost!! Not everything is tangible dollar value!

My husband and I cruise often on some upscale cruise lines. I find DCL prices rather high, although I am assured we will find it worth it. I find it odd that so many who choose to cruise on DCL would be questioning the cost of this event, but I guess different things are important to different people. And of COURSE Disney should make a profit on the things they do, should they not? I am glad they don’t cut corners!