Kid friendly resorts that offer day passes (Puerto Vallarta)

luvthiscrzylife

I know it is an option to purchase the excursion with Carnival, but am curious what other options there are in PV, if any are within walking distance and if they have to be purchased in advance or if you can just show up the day of? I have looked into Crown Paradise and Marriott, but can't find any specific details about pricing or purchasing. I have emailed one resort but have not heard back. We are traveling with a 12 y/o, so want something she can also enjoy.

I had 20, 17 and 15 year olds with me. We did the Marriott. This week. There was also a kid splash area, your kid might like it or it might be too “little” for them. The pool has a volleyball net we used. We grabbed a taxi van from the dock. Paid 550 pesos per person and were credited back 450 towrds food and drinks. I would recommend it highly for a resort day.

Perhaps getting a quote on the taxi ride first, we got screwed. Maybe heading out of the gate and finding a taxi on the road as opposed to those in the tender area. It was convenient. $20 for the ride, the most expensive ride by far that day.

• 3 weeks later...
I had 20, 17 and 15 year olds with me. We did the Marriott. This week. There was also a kid splash area, your kid might like it or it might be too “little” for them. The pool has a volleyball net we used. We grabbed a taxi van from the dock. Paid 550 pesos per person and were credited back 450 towrds food and drinks. I would recommend it highly for a resort day.

Perhaps getting a quote on the taxi ride first, we got screwed. Maybe heading out of the gate and finding a taxi on the road as opposed to those in the tender area. It was convenient. $20 for the ride, the most expensive ride by far that day.

did you pre book your day pass?

Don’t know why I said tender area, you dock at the pier. Weird. I would walk out of the dock area and find a cheaper taxi, but if you are willing to pay their rate they are right there waiting.

We walked across the street to the taxi stand at the mall, it was $6 to the Marriott. When we came back, the concierge got us a taxi and it was also $6. It's not very far (too far to walk, though).