What to expect aboard Delta 110 Business Class from Buenos Aires

rkacruiser

The flight departs from Buenos Aires at 9:15 P. M. and arrives in ATL at 5:30 A. M. What kind of service might I expect during this flight? Will there be a full dinner service? Will there be a full breakfast service?

I'd appreciate any information that one could provide about what to expect.

How do you know what you are paying for when you made the purchase? Does that airline not describe their products? I've never even looked at Delta's website but would expect they would push the benefits of paying to buy a higher class.

How do you know what you are paying for when you made the purchase? Does that airline not describe their products? I've never even looked at Delta's website but would expect they would push the benefits of paying to buy a higher class.

Before I make a purchase such as this Delta One flight, I am aware of what I am buying. What information I was seeking was what others who have flown on this flight have experienced.

So, what to do? Should one try to attempt to get to sleep as soon as possible after take-off when the cabin lights will be full on during dinner service or simply participate in the dinner service? Suggestions really are appreciated, particularly with such an early arrival in ATL.

So, what to do? Should one try to attempt to get to sleep as soon as possible after take-off when the cabin lights will be full on during dinner service or simply participate in the dinner service?

Depends. If you have noise canceling headphones and/or can sleep at an earlier hour and through the noise and lights that come with dinner service, already ate dinner, and are seated at the window, maybe settling in to sleep is the best option. On the other hand, if you have difficulty sleeping that early and/or can't fall asleep with the dinner service noise and lights, and or are not seated at the window then I wouldn't try. The window pax would likely want to get up to use the lavatory after the dinner service is cleared away, thus waking you even if you did manage to fall asleep.

So, what to do? Should one try to attempt to get to sleep as soon as possible after take-off when the cabin lights will be full on during dinner service or simply participate in the dinner service? Suggestions really are appreciated, particularly with such an early arrival in ATL.

I stayed awake during the dinner service and then attempted to sleep. The noise cancelling earphones really helped.

If you often fly in business class try to sleep as much as possible. If I did it often I should probably skip dinner and eat something in the lounge before the flight to get as much sleep as possible.

If you don't normally fly business class skip the sleep and enjoy the flight as much as possible.

Many thanks for the comments. I have decided to enjoy the Delta One Service offered since my only international flights are connected with a cruise once in awhile. Trying to sleep while the dinner service is taking place with the lights and noise would only lead to frustration on my part. And, that would lead to more sleeplessness.

It all depends on what you need to do when you land. I used to always stay up for dinner on late flights but ended up being cranky when I landed since I didn't get enough sleep. On flights similar to this I eat a decent dinner at the airport and before boarding put on my comfy clothes for sleep. I don't wear pajamas per se but will wear some yoga pants and a big slouchy knit top or light sweater to be comfortable. Unfortunately, I usually need to go straight to work and there is priority put on sleep.

Delta also off a "dine and rest" option which I really like. They present app, salad, main course, fruit/cheese and dessert all at one time on a single tray. The good thing is you aren't at the mercy of the slow service and still get to eat onboard. Those who choose this option are served first. This may be a personal preference but I always feel trapped by the dinner tray. Many overseas flight dinners can easily stretch into two hours after departure. I will sometimes order the express option even if I won't be going to sleep. Having the full tray at once keeps me from overeating. When served course by course I will sometimes eat out of boredom simply because I am waiting. Since you finish your main meal earlier I will sometimes ask them to hold the dessert and just have dessert later when the rest of the cabin is getting theirs and I have had a nice while to digest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As the OP, I decided to respond to this flight's question since I am home.

I enjoyed the dinner service aboard the flight with a New York Strip steak that was better prepared than on a Singapore Airlines flight's Rib-Eye Steak. Service on my side of Delta One was slower than the Flight Attendant's Service on the other side of the plane.

Personally, I found using a "Lazy-Boy Chair-type" option rather than the "Lie-Flat Seat" option provided me with much better sleep than I have ever had on a flight.

I did not use the Delta One full Breakfast option prior to arrival at ATL. Awaking at 4:05 A. M. with touch down scheduled for just after 5:00 A. M., I found that Breakfast service had already started. I opted for a Continental style Breakfast. That was quite enough for me at that early time of the morning.

As a person with short arms, a negative on this A330-300 plane was the height of the luggage bins. I had much difficulty in getting a small, over the shoulder carry on bag into the bin. Thanks to my flight neighbors in helping me!