Outfit Planning

lisajltx

Hi!

Like many others, I have started to plan what outfits to pack for my upcoming Caribbean cruise. Does anyone have party outfits that they change into after dinner? We like to go to the piano bar and the dancing clubs after we eat and I would like to dress more sparkly than what I wear to dinner.

Thanks!

Lisa

Hey Lisa,

yes you can do that. I also like to change my clothes after dinner because the dresses I like to wear when we party afterwards are a little bit over the top for dinner. Because you just have to unpack your clothes once on a cruise, I think it is totally fine to bring more outfits than less. What do you plan to wear?

Do whatever feels best for you. You won't be overdressed in a sparkling outfit for dinner, but if you feel more comfortable changing clothes, there is no reason why you shouldn't. I am always looking forward to dress up while cruising, so usually, I pack a few more different clothes than on other holidays. I also like to plan my outfits in advance and a little shopping is what I do do get myself in the mood for the cruise.

My cruise isn't until July and I've already planned my outfits...which is at least 3 per day. That doesn't include the swimsuit/coverup outfits, so maybe 4 outfits per day. If it all fits in my 28" luggage & carryon, which fit under the bed, I personally don't see a problem. Regarding after dinner outfits, I love summer dresses and plan to wear whichever one I'm wearing to dinner...to after dinner activities. If I were in my 20's, I'd probably change again to go clubbing ;)

I don't typically change clothing after dinner, but would if it was something I wanted to do.

It's your cruise and your thoughts are the only ones which matter. We only regret the things we don't do. Wear as many outfits as you like. You only live once." Life's a Party-Dress Up"-Audrey Hepburn. Have a terrific cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
My cruise isn't until July and I've already planned my outfits...which is at least 3 per day. That doesn't include the swimsuit/coverup outfits, so maybe 4 outfits per day. If it all fits in my 28" luggage & carryon, which fit under the bed, I personally don't see a problem. Regarding after dinner outfits, I love summer dresses and plan to wear whichever one I'm wearing to dinner...to after dinner activities. If I were in my 20's, I'd probably change again to go clubbing ;)

I am not cruising until August and I have been having a ball planning outfits and looking up packing boards on Pinterest!! Its a huge part of the process for me (Along with all the travel planning and reading up on the destinations!!) I make about a million lists with all the possible outfits I might want to bring and narrow it down closer to the date. It's also an excuse to get a few cute new things. (as though we need an excuse...)

I love getting dressed up for dinner, but afterwards I will also go change, but not into anything fancy, just something comfy!! (Like yoga pants or a loose skirt depending on the evenings agenda!)

I agree that you should feel free to pack and wear as much as you feel like!! It's YOUR vacation, wear the sparkles!;p

Yeah if i plan on heading out to the dance floor then ill often change. Sometimes my dress or skirt rides up to much for dancing if its stretchy. . Or if im in pants and know im going to get hot dancing switch to dressy shorts. Or if its a white party but i didn't wear white to dinner as ill stain it :)

I too love the whole planning outfits stage. Pintrest. LOL I can be on there and lose hours

• 2 weeks later...

I am loving this thread. We just booked a cruise thats sailing in April. I'm mid 30s and clothes shopping is so tricky at this age for me. Don't want to look too old but not into the early 20s or teen stuff either. Add 3 children to mix and BAM....this is one mamma that needs to shed a few before the cruise. Anyhow, looking into the closet now and trying to pair outfits. I guess I will be stalking Pinterest. LOL

I totally agree with the one post - wear your "sparkly" outfit to dinner!

I've got a really pretty pink "fascinator" (headband with big pink flower and crystal in the center) that I'm going to wear to dinner with a short white flowy dress with flowers embroidered all over it :-)

This is the only time I can really dress up and not feel awkward! I love dressing up....