Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

We're looking at a V2 Deck 7 veranda cabin for Journey's July 1, 2019 Norway and Midnight Sun cruise. Currently considering Cabin 7083 on the starboard side.

Starboard because that seems to be the land side for most of the trip (see picture below). Does that make sense?

But the starboard side is the diesel fuel bunker side. If that's going to be smelly, should we switch to port side?

Any other comments on Journey Cabin 7083? It's not on the spreadsheet.

jr-1-jul-19.jpg

Starboard and port don't really matter much on this cruise because you'll have land on both side in fjords and will see both sides as you enter and leave fjords. Same when doing much of the inside passage routes. When you're at sea, you'll be far enough off shore that you won't be seeing that much. Take the best cabin for the money and don't worry about port vs starboard.

Cabin Number 6050

Ship Quest

Month/Year sailed 10/2017

Would you choose this room again N

Is noise an issue N

Balcony size Normal for Azamara

Any other comments The bathroom is so small you can't even change your mind in it.

Cabin Number 6002

Ship Quest

Month/Year sailed 10 &11/2017

Would you choose this room again Y

Is noise an issue Y Somewhat

Balcony size Larger

Any other comments Just a little noise from the Cabaret Lounge till 9:30

Journey - Cabin 7097, never again..The actual cabin was fine, Akilesh and Harry looked after it very well however this cabin is opposite and between 2 crew service doors, these doors were opened and banged closed continually throughout the day and night leading to broken sleep, we were constantly waiting on the doors slamming..This is the worst we have ever experienced in all our years of cruising..Surely in this day and age soft closure can be installed..

Cabin Number 7037 - Veranda

Ship Azamara Quest

Month/Year sailed; November 2017

Would you choose this room again Y/N--Y

Is noise an issue Y/N—N

Our first Azamara cruise -- loved loved loved this cabin/stateroom/whatever. Incredibly quiet. Close to elevators.

Cabin 6087-Veranda

Ship Quest

Month/Year sailed: November 2017

Would you choose again: Absolutely

Is noise an issue Y/N: N

Our 4th cruise on Azamara and 3rd on the Quest and just love everything about the stateroom!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon! I'm looking at staterooms 7026 and 7028 and not seeing them listed on the spreadsheet. Does anyone know which side of the room the bed is on...the right side or left?

I prefer the bed on the right side so I'm wondering which room has the right hand side configuration: 7026 or 7028.

Many thanks!!

I've just found this thread. Many of you are referring to a Spreadsheet of the cabins. Can someone please post it here? I have 2 rooms 'on hold' on the Quest for a June 2019 Alaskan cruise for 2 couples. I was just wondering about the configuration of these rooms. Would love to see this spreadsheet. The rooms in question are 7027 + 7029. Thanks in advance.

Yesterday we disembarked Azamara Journey in Hong Kong. We have been in cabin 8802 for the last 2 weeks. I would not recommend any of the cabins which were cut from the officers quarters. The walls between 8800 and 8802 were paper thin, so thin that the continual coughing all night and toilet flushing from the occupants in 8800 kept us awake. I am extremely disappointed. Take these cabins at your peril. I will be writing a full report once I return to Australia after Christmas. So watch this space!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Journey

Dec 17/Jan 18

Definitely choose again - have already booked another cruise in 4045 on Quest!

No noise issue

Convenient location for guest relations, getting on & off ship, Mosaic, Discoveries.

Edited by roaming_kiwi58
typo

Journey

Dec 17/Jan 18

Definitely choose again - have already booked another cruise in 4045 on Quest!

No noise issue

Convenient location for guest relations, getting on & off ship, Mosaic, Discoveries.

Good to know. We have 4046 booked for next year. First time in Oceanview. We usually book verandah cabins.

Cabin number : 8040 (CC suite cat. N1)

Ship : Quest

Month/year sailed : may-june 2017

Would you choose this room again : yes

Is noise an issue : yes : people walking or running heavily on deck 9, chairs scratching the floor. Don't forget your earplugs.....or stay on deck 9 until everything is closed!

Balcony size : normal for the category

Good situation on the ship (close to back stairs but midship), bathtub, bed facing the stern, sofabed for a third person.

HELLO- sorry to bother you but would you have any info or images of the sofa bed for third person? Would the suite be big enough for mum/dad and a 10 year old? Assume you have to put the sofabed away each day...

I have been away on business a lot these last few months but at last I have the spreadsheet completed. Quite a few new entries mentioning noise from the Patio for some rooms on Deck 8,

Thank you so very much. I sail this week on Quest in 6010 ... I was anticipating from locale and other cruises on other ships that there would be theatre noise for rehearsals and shows. I now have a good idea for other elements of Quest cabins and won't have unrealistic expectations.

Conna

• 2 weeks later...

Cabin number : 8057 (CC suite cat. N1)

Ship : Quest

Month/year sailed : Jan 2018

Would you choose this room again : Yes, in a heartbeat!

Is noise an issue : Not for us it wasn't. Very occasional chair noise from above but not enough to be bothersome at any time of the day.

Balcony size : Normal for the category and big enough for us. Would have appreciated a stool to put feet up on.

Good location - very close to back stairs/lifts but absolutely no noise heard from the corridor at all. Lovely large shower, bed facing the stern, huge comfortable armchair - so no sofa bed.

We LOVED this room!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Cruisers - taking our first cruise and family are joining us who have boy/girl teenagers who will have to share a stateroom. Does anyone know if the beds can be single or are you looking at one in a bed and one on a pull out sofa?

beds can convert to single. not sure about their sofas now call and ask them. Are you sure you are taking teens on a cruise they will enjoy. Age group is from 55 to 80 unless they are coming along for an educational purpose.

Hi Cruisers - taking our first cruise and family are joining us who have boy/girl teenagers who will have to share a stateroom. Does anyone know if the beds can be single or are you looking at one in a bed and one on a pull out sofa?

The bed can be two twins or one queen. If you booked through a TA, have them inform Azamara which room you want set up as two twins. If you booked through Azamara direct, call and let them know to add it to your reservation. It’s easier for them to do on turn around rather than calling them back to the room when you check in. They are extremely busy on turn around day.