Invoice Question

galavant3

Hi! Just booked our first Oceania cruise. When I received the invoice, the fare was higher fare listed on the website. I'm assuming that port fees and taxes (gratuities?) were added but there was no breakdown.

Can someone tell me what charges might have been added? I'd call but the hold time was quite long and I was not given an email address of the person I booked with. Just an extension.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, the taxes and fees are rolled into O's prices. I'm assuming the price you are referring to is the one on O's website and not some other.

An invoice from O would show a line re: gratuities and not just include it in the fare.

As you have not used a TA you will have to phone O. I have never booked directly but gave not gad bad wait times in a customer service number but maybe lucky.

hmmm. did you get that invoice by email? can you not reply?

BRW you can gave O transfer your booking to a TA of your choice once you get in contact with O of course

I'm guessing your booked in a higher category or this is not from O

Could the difference be an O life price, as opposed to a base price (with no amenities)?

Yes, good thought. I had forgotten they now have two prices on their website (rarely visit now being as Canadians can no longer even check cabin availability), the all in price with air and O-life and the lead in (advertised low 'from') cruise only price.

galavant3 if you look at the website again do you see the invoice price in a different column?

Yes, good thought. I had forgotten they now have two prices on their website (rarely visit now being as Canadians can no longer even check cabin availability), the all in price with air and O-life and the lead in (advertised low 'from') cruise only price.

galavant3 if you look at the website again do you see the invoice price in a different column?

YoHoHo

The Canadian site is finally working and I have checked the price on some cruises and found 1.27 exchange for some of them which is almost par with what the bank would charge you to convert CAD to USD.

Could the difference be an O life price, as opposed to a base price (with no amenities)?

This must be it! I'm not sure what we are doing about airfare so I'm holding off on that for now but he did mention that he gave us the on board credit. When I checked the invoice, $400 per cabin was showing as OBC.

So, it looks like he gave us the OLife pricing and subtracted 800 for air credit.

Not a big deal but I booked 4 cabins so it adds up.

Thanks for your help!

This must be it! I'm not sure what we are doing about airfare so I'm holding off on that for now but he did mention that he gave us the on board credit. When I checked the invoice, $400 per cabin was showing as OBC.

So, it looks like he gave us the OLife pricing and subtracted 800 for air credit.

Not a big deal but I booked 4 cabins so it adds up.

Thanks for your help!

By booking O life you will get the Internet....so if you know you will use the OBC, that is the advantage. Given the gratuity charge, even if you don’t drink, the OBC can be used against that.

By booking O life you will get the Internet....so if you know you will use the OBC, that is the advantage. Given the gratuity charge, even if you don’t drink, the OBC can be used against that.

Thanks! Every time I try a new line I feel like I am starting over. We will get the beverage package - then upgrade for the $20 per day once on board.

I thought he said we would get internet but didn't remember for sure. The more I learn, the better value this is!

Will they charge the gratuities daily?

Thanks! Every time I try a new line I feel like I am starting over. We will get the beverage package - then upgrade for the $20 per day once on board.

I thought he said we would get internet but didn't remember for sure. The more I learn, the better value this is!

Will they charge the gratuities daily?

Yes, with Olife you will get the internet ( one device at a time per cabin). Gratuities are per day.

I looked at the options and decided I get more bang for my (Canadian) buck taking the "free" excursions. Each of those can be worth $200 or more USD. And on our upcoming trip, we had a choice - FREE - 8 Shore Excursions (4 per person which translates to almost $1600.) It does depend on where you are going.

FREE - Beverage Package

FREE - $800 Shipboard Credit (per room)

You can change your mind! There is another thread on this.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just going to ask a similar question. I got a quote today from an online TA and it was $200 more pp than O. I asked if it were the Olife benefits and they said no, it was the taxes. I’m positive any invoice I’ve seen from O is the same as the price on the screen. There’s no surprise taxes added on the last screen.