First Timers on Oceania. Riviera 1/3/18

drbeamer

My husband and just returned from our first Oceania cruise. I am 55, my husband is 62. Our cruise history has been primarily NCL since 1992. Moving up to suite level over the past 5 years, but really noticed a decline in service so decided to give O a try.

A big thank you to many of you on these boards who answered my questions pre cruise. It really helped and I knew what to expect.

Suite PH 1 aft 7135.

Jim and Stan’s pics and descriptions are spot on. This suite is extremely quiet and convenient for access to many dining options. Hanging closet space might be a little small but more than enough drawer space throughout. The area where the small dining table at the end of bed is tight and we would never have a meal there. We used the coffee table for a couple of breakfasts which was fine.

Bathroom with beautiful finishes, full tub with shower and separate standup shower with rain shower head and hand held option.

I booked this room for the deck and it did not disappoint. Corner wraparound to mid ship. 2 full size loungers with small table outside slider. On the aft side, 2 padded recliner chairs with large table. You could have a nice meal here depending on weather.

The carpet needs a steam cleaning or change out is the only wear I noticed. I searched high and low for dust on this ship and the only place I found it was on the butler tray holder in our room. The public areas including restrooms were immaculate. I asked one of the housekeepers how she cleans the large amethyst lamps in the hall. She said by hand with small brush. I believed her!

Our 2 cabins stewards were amazing. Constantly cleaning something. A noticeable difference from NCL.

Our butler was helpful. Once we asked for something, he would continue with the request each day. He delivered 2 glasses of wine at exactly 5pm to us on the deck daily. You can whatever you want for breakfast in the suite in addition to what is listed on the card.

The coffee from Baristas on deck 14 is great. I could zip up there on the aft elevator and be back with 2 Americanos in 10minutes.

The food is no comparison to NCL. We loved it. And the service was outstanding.

We had the prestige beverage package. No papers to sign. Wine stewards at meal times never let our glasses empty. I didn’t feel any pressure to buy bottled wine at dinner.

I’ll try to post some pics. If anyone has any specific questions regarding food let me know

Briand801043eb0a122dc29cc55ee20d55226.jpgc3b5e2870e8dc294890203a8f1dbfc14.jpg8a36279988818b60d888bc438396bccb.jpgbb64bc3c8c622c5c73f0682384457838.jpg3fbf8777d3a06a4562a3e7bd86188ec0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I’m glad you enjoyed my favourite cabin and sorry I didn’t see any of your posts before you left.

If you are booking that cabin again, here’s a suggestion to gain more space. I always ask to have the coffee table and small chair removed . I then reconfigure the room. See pictures before and after.

972e68d288338f8cca26cb12f919c7cc.jpg664cd3846da5e89ea44b870d0dba3ccc.jpg3d57a72f7dd4d78a4bc10d3fd1f4744f.jpgb522997bde0c780fc6f6bf46df5b537c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're going to be in a Penthouse for the first time on our next cruise, so thank you for the photo of your reconfiguration. We will definitely ask for the coffee table and chair to be removed.

You won’t need to do this for the other PH cabins. Only 7130 and 7135 have the smaller cabin. They are about 18-24 inches narrower than other PH cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian,

So glad you enjoyed Oceania and the Riviera. It is refreshing to hear positive comments. Lately, it seems that all people want to do is complain about the most mundane things.

We were on her for a Transatlantic Crossing mid-November to early December 2017. I love the new lunch menu in the main dinning room. One day I saw an item on the tasting menu I wanted as my main course, so I asked our waiter, Juan Carlos, if I could have just that one item and not the entire tasting. He was reluctant and unsure, but 5 minutes later, the one item I wanted was sitting on a plate in front of me.

I agree with you that the ship was keep immaculate. There was always someone cleaning in a very non-intrusive way. Our room stewardess was the best. She made up our room 3 times a day, swapping out towels, making the bed, emptying the trash, turning down the bed, whatever needed to be done, and never disturbed us.

James and David

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You won’t need to do this for the other PH cabins. Only 7130 and 7135 have the smaller cabin. They are about 18-24 inches narrower than other PH cabins.

I would disagree with you on not needing it for other PH cabins. Your redecorating idea is fabulous regardless of PH location!

We were in one of the other PHs on a T/A aboard Riviera and were constantly annoyed by the table and two chairs at the end of the bed plus that silly, uncomfortable little chair by the balcony door. It never occurred to us that we could have unwanted furniture removed.

Next time, we will be totally comfy while singing hosannas in cruisingxpert's name.

I would disagree with you on not needing it for other PH cabins. Your redecorating idea is fabulous regardless of PH location!

We were in one of the other PHs on a T/A aboard Riviera and were constantly annoyed by the table and two chairs at the end of the bed plus that silly, uncomfortable little chair by the balcony door. It never occurred to us that we could have unwanted furniture removed.

Next time, we will be totally comfy while singing hosannas in cruisingxpert's name.

That made me laugh - thank you for the kind words..

Brian,

So glad you enjoyed Oceania and the Riviera. It is refreshing to hear positive comments. Lately, it seems that all people want to do is complain about the most mundane things.

We were on her for a Transatlantic Crossing mid-November to early December 2017. I love the new lunch menu in the main dinning room. One day I saw an item on the tasting menu I wanted as my main course, so I asked our waiter, Juan Carlos, if I could have just that one item and not the entire tasting. He was reluctant and unsure, but 5 minutes later, the one item I wanted was sitting on a plate in front of me.

I agree with you that the ship was keep immaculate. There was always someone cleaning in a very non-intrusive way. Our room stewardess was the best. She made up our room 3 times a day, swapping out towels, making the bed, emptying the trash, turning down the bed, whatever needed to be done, and never disturbed us.

James and David

Juan Carlos is the best.... He took are of us many times in the dining room

Juan Carlos is the best.... He took are of us many times in the dining room

Juan Carlos is great. Our favorite waiter was Khanchi (Marvelous) from Bangkok. And manager Dario from Croatia. The dining room staff from top to bottom were all so accommodating and accomplished.