Oceania Regatta - Propulsion Issue - Anyone onboard current voyage?

YYC F/A

I do not understand all the posts about suing the cruise line

You were safe in the harbour ...you missed 2 ports but that can happen for other reasons also

Did they offer to fly you home from HNL?

Did they cancel the rest of the cruise?

Were you floating at sea for 5 days without facilities (Carnival)

Maybe they should have given full refunds & put people off in HNL

as I said before they would have been better to give people an OBC for the missed port fees rather than a future cruise credit

but you were not injured & you still got the cruise from A to B

If you really want to visit certain ports/places then just fly there going by cruise ship there is no guarantee you will get there

JMO

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about not replying earlier but the holidays got in the way. .....

We were instructed to return to the ship by 2:30PM.. I believe it was the 9 of November. and were informed there would be an imminent announcement re the cruise and the itinerary. That announcement was not provided till 8PM when everybody was at dinner. . Also the change of itinerary was printed and left in our staterooms. We were never given the choice to leave the cruise earlier because of the change of itinerary.. Please be mindful we didn't get to land again till day 16 of a 19 day cruise.. It would have been better if they gave us the option in leaving the cruise early and not 'endure' another 5 days a sea.. Additionally, we lost 3 ports not two. Was the cruise a waste of money.???... ABSOLUTELY.

• 3 weeks later...

We were passengers on the ill fated Regatta Tahiti cruise. We too believe Oceania's response was miserly. We sent a certified letter to Oceania outlining our concerns and suggestion for an adequate refund. It has been well over a month and we have yet to receive a reply or acknowledgement of receiving the letter. In addition our TA has made several attempts to have them address our issue. Their evidentially cavalier attitude has dampened our enthusiasm of any future cruises with them.

• 3 months later...
On board now. All is fine.

Not so fast....this afternoon after a lovely day in Havana, we had an announcement that our stop in Cartagena, Colombia was shortened to 2 hours from 5 due to engine repairs. Awhile later, another announcement saying we would not stop and tours would be refunded.

A disappointment as we were looking forward to visiting the Old Town Unesco site and knocking another one off the list.

However, this is the first port we have missed in 12 cruises so all in all not a bad record. And given that we came very close to cancelling last week, we are just happy to be onboard!

However this does seem to be an ongoing problem with Regatta. We recently purchased a new vehicle to replace one that had passed it's prime.....perhaps that time is approaching for Regatta, if not already here.

Mo

We got off Regatta on May 6. Our stop in Nassau was shortened from 7 hours to 4. The captain said it was because of rough seas getting to Nassau. I have been on many other ships that made it to ports on time in the same sort of sailing conditions. We also missed St Kitts altogether because of a medical evacuation. I am not sure there was much effort to make up the time missed because of it and we got no refund of port charges.

Not so fast....this afternoon after a lovely day in Havana, we had an announcement that our stop in Cartagena, Colombia was shortened to 2 hours from 5 due to engine repairs. Awhile later, another announcement saying we would not stop and tours would be refunded.

A disappointment as we were looking forward to visiting the Old Town Unesco site and knocking another one off the list.

However, this is the first port we have missed in 12 cruises so all in all not a bad record. And given that we came very close to cancelling last week, we are just happy to be onboard!

However this does seem to be an ongoing problem with Regatta. We recently purchased a new vehicle to replace one that had passed it's prime.....perhaps that time is approaching for Regatta, if not already here.

Mo

I think you may be correct. I just came in off of the Regatta. We sailed 24 days from Honolulu to Havana and docked Miami. We left Honolulu under CDC protocols ( some areas and services were not available for the first 4 or 5 days) but then it got better. 26 hours out of Hawaii there was a medical emergency and we had to go back which gave us two additional sea days. These things happen but the administrative staff handled it badly and as a result, so did the passengers. No refund of port charges or for excursions on missed ports. I believe they offered OBC. We were on a tight schedule so could not go to Cabo or Guatemala and missed half the day in Nicaragua but we got to the canal on time which is a good thing or we may have missed Colombia and Cuba. In Panama two more passengers departed with medical issues as well. It was an interesting trip. In my opinion, the regular staff were pretty good. The food and service were fantastic and there were plenty of activities...I enjoyed the entertainment and spent loads of time in Horizons (both day and night). And I did love tea time. I would sail with Oceania again but maybe not on Regatta.

This is a little upsetting to read. We will be on Regatta June 12th for an Alaskan cruise. A few years ago our cruise was cancelled a few day's before we sailed due to a similar issue. I hope we will all be kept updated on this problem from passengers sailing on her in the next few weeks.

This is a little upsetting to read. We will be on Regatta June 12th for an Alaskan cruise. A few years ago our cruise was cancelled a few day's before we sailed due to a similar issue. I hope we will all be kept updated on this problem from passengers sailing on her in the next few weeks.

Hey RRunner, just take it as it comes...I think my sister and brother in law will be on that voyage- possibly the week after, I am not sure ...but it is their first time on a ship that small but i think it will be an advantage for Alaska! You are going to live in Horizons!

When all is said and done, I had a wonderful time on the cruise. The staff, food, amenities etc were wonderful and I would do it again. Go to the waves grill and get the Surf and Turf sandwich (hold the bread and ask for double surf! lololol) You are gonna have a great time! I will look for your review when you get back.

Cindy

En route totCartagena, doing 16 knots. Looks like we are going there just to make the voyage legal.

We are going to anchor and take on fuel. Admire the view. That’s the word on the street. So close......[emoji854]

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey RRunner, just take it as it comes...I think my sister and brother in law will be on that voyage- possibly the week after, I am not sure ...but it is their first time on a ship that small but i think it will be an advantage for Alaska! You are going to live in Horizons!

When all is said and done, I had a wonderful time on the cruise. The staff, food, amenities etc were wonderful and I would do it again. Go to the waves grill and get the Surf and Turf sandwich (hold the bread and ask for double surf! lololol) You are gonna have a great time! I will look for your review when you get back.

Cindy

Not concerned about having a good time. We have sailed on Regatta before. My concern is the cruise getting cancelled at the last minute as our prior cruise was due to same issues. We have hotels air etc booked

My husband and I are booked on Regatta on the May 22 cruise from San Francisco to Vancouver. We are celebrating a big anniversary so, hopefully, all goes well. Any update would be greatly appreciated.

Not concerned about having a good time. We have sailed on Regatta before. My concern is the cruise getting cancelled at the last minute as our prior cruise was due to same issues. We have hotels air etc booked

George and I, our son and daughter in law, and her parents are on the same cruise!

In Panama canal. All seems well. We entered the breakwater at Cartegena, stayed about one hour and then left. Nothing and no one appeared to come on or off.

Probably trying to stay in compliance with the United States law which prohibits foreign flagged vessels from transporting passengers between US ports.

There have been so many modifications and exceptions made to these regulations that I won't name them here, but they still exist.